Author Topic: Known Bugs and Issues  (Read 14616 times)

Swol

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
Known Bugs and Issues
« on: June 20, 2016, 06:57:47 PM »
These are known bugs and items that need work. Please post in this thread during the beta to add to the list.

As bugs are fixed, I will remove the posts in this thread pertaining to them, to keep it clean.

Potions are not implemented yet, since Blizzard says they are still working on them.

• Shadowmeld - needs to be implemented.
  • Many effects that cannot proc trinkets probably will right now. As we implement all the trinkets, set bonuses, legendaries, etc. we will clean these up.

Death Knight
Frost
    Unholy
    • Army of the Damned artifact trait is modeled, but proc chance is unknown.
    • Necrobomb and Army of the Dead ghoul explosion damage need verification.

Demon Hunter
    Havoc
    • Nemesis - Right now we don't have a way to do the on-death portion of this that targets units of a specific type. We will revisit this once the updated boss script editor is done, which allows specifying enemy types.

Druid
    Balance
    • Feral Affinity is not implemented into the rotation right now. Not sure if it will work yet.

Feral
    • Ashamane's Frenzy is behaving strangely in-game... we have it implemented how it seems they intended (and what the tooltip says), but in-game it can do waaay more damage.

Mage
    Frost

Monk
      Windwalker
      • Chi Orbit - Need to make you start the fight with 4 orbs.

Hunter
      Survival
      • Talon Strike - We don't know the proc chance for this ability yet.
      • We will need to handle the minimum range on Harpoon for applying it to adds in AoE fights.

Marksmanship
      • Bullseye - Does this proc on periodic damage and/or Auto Shot damage?

Monk
      Windwalker
      • Storm, Earth, and Fire - The re-target spell that makes them all attack your current target isn't implemented yet.

Shaman
      Enhancement

Rogue
        Subtlety

Warlock
            Affliction
            • Soul Effigy - Right now it doesn't take or splash AoE damage, since it will most often be by the warlock instead of the targets. On our list is to revisit this once the improved movement/positioning model is complete.

Demonology

Destruction
              • Mastery - We are using an average for this right now. On our list is to test if modeling the true randomness will be necessary for theorycraft, or if it just wastes CPU time.
              [/list][/list]
              « Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:54:41 AM by Swol »

Opticaltrick

• View Profile
              Re: Known Bugs and Issues
              « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 08:51:57 AM »
              Mortal Strike doesn't consume the buff from Focused Rage like it does in game, and instead Mortal Strike gets the bonus for the full duration of Focused Rage in the simulation.

yellowfive

• View Profile
              « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 12:55:12 PM »
              Whoops -- yeah I'll change that in the next update.
              Mr. Robot is on: Twitter and Facebook

Sznekdqaaz

• View Profile
              « Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 02:00:35 PM »
              Hi!
              the imp casts on the destruction sim seem to be only bound by the cast time, I think imps are more energy restricted than cast time restricted, from some math I did on some beta logs, it looks like imps can cast every 4 / (1 + haste) seconds taking energy regen into account. The numbers didn't work out exactly to that, so it could be I'm wrong about the formula, or the imp stopped casting at some point in the log or something.

Here's the log I was looking at seeing the delay between cast successes and cast starts.
              EDIT: forgot the link https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gv7aN8RmGjDnPcCT#type=casts&source=10&start=153574&end=247477&view=events

It's also interesting to note that imps prefer never to drop below 100 energy (max is 200) so they delay immediately, I think blizzard should look at this, but its been in the game for years.
              « Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:15:27 PM by Sznekdqaaz »

Swol

• View Profile
              « Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 02:32:49 PM »
              I will change the imp to have energy, good catch. The delay between casts is surely a bug, and blizzard asked that we report it when we find pets that do that. We reported it and they said they will take a look.

I am going to assume 10 * haste energy regen / sec until we can test. We would really need the chain casting bug fixed to test reliably.

Usually the warlock pets won't use abilities below a threshold of energy because that makes sure you can always use an active ability like felstorm. imp doesn't have an active that costs energy I don't think... But my guess is it follows this same logic. For simulation it doesn't matter much for the imp if we let it just use all its energy. After a few casts it will be energy limited anyway.

Asashdor

• View Profile
              « Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 04:47:17 AM »
              After running countless simulations on Feral and double-checking every spell for Feral and Balance druids using the current version (22053), I've been able to identify a couple bugs. Feral seems almost perfectly fine so far, while Balance does need some work (which you already said in another topic, I know!).
              I've also tried to underline the specific spell and data field with incorrect data for every bug, so you don't necessarily have to dig through all mentioned spells to find that data field.

Multiple specs:
              • Dash (70% Movement Speed bonus for 15sec, 3min CD, forces Cat Form) is missing for all specs.

• Displacer Beast is a blink type spell, i.e. it has an exactly defined travel distance instead of traveling to a targeted enemy. Not sure it its even possible to implement that for Feral (and probably Guardian) specifically, seeing as the Blink spell for Mages is not implemented at all and the Movement Distance data field seems to be a maximum value.

Balance:
              • Moonfire does not have a mana cost for Balance druids.
                Currently the mana cost of Moonfire is set to 6% which is only there for Restoration.

• Incarnation still provides an Armor bonus of 200%, exactly like the normal Moonkin Form does.
                Currently the Armor buff of Moonkin form is set to 0 if Incarnation is active.

• Incarnation provides an additional 35% damage buff on top of Moonkin Form and does not change the innate 10% damage bonus of Moonkin Form.
                Currently the damage bonus of Moonkin Form is increased to 35% when Incarnation is active, on top of the correct damage buff applied by Incarnation itself.
                Also, the spell school of the damage buff from Incarnation is set to "None" while it should probably be set to "Astral" to be identical to Moonkin Form. Unlikely to really cause problems, but could probably interact with cat and bear abilites gained by affinities.

• Nature's Balance increases the duration of all active Sunfire Dots when casting Solar Wrath, but it only increases the duration of Moonfire Dots on targets hit by Lunar Strike (target and splash damage!).
                Currently both effects are implemented the same way on Nature's Balance using "Cast Success" with Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike. Probably better to use "Spell Hit" for Lunar Strike instead, if I'm understanding the implementation behind those triggers correctly.

• Nature's Balance's Dot extension seems to be triggered at "Spell Hit" not "Cast Success" which could make a tiny difference regarding Solar Wrath's travel time. Could be a problem when incorrectly extending Sunfire Dots while Solar Wrath is still traveling to the target but might not really make a difference in practice - and might cause problems with extending multiple Dots, as mentioned above.

• Nature's Balance's Dot extension amount is affected by Haste (i.e. shorter extension amount the more Haste you have) which is reflected on the ingame tooltip (although only for Moonfire extensions). While the extension amount for Sunfire stays at 4 seconds on the ingame talent tooltip, it's also affected by Haste.
                Currently the extension amount of Nature's Balance is set to a fixed value of 6sec and 4sec for Moonfire and Sunfire respectively.

• Stellar Drift does not allow to cast while moving if inside Starfall. Is it even possible to implement that currently?

That's everything I've been able to find for now but I'm sure I've missed something.
              I've tried to implement everything I've mentioned above using a private version called "7.0.22053 - Asashdor's Changes" although I obviously can't guarantee I did everything right. :)

Also, regarding Fury of Elune: You are somewhat correct, it's not really 12 Astral Power per second as mentioned in the tooltip but in fact 6 Astral Power per Tick.
              Cyous already did lots of testing regarding that a couple months ago (see https://twitter.com/CyousKin/status/714163414679945216 and https://twitter.com/CyousKin/status/716103598300483587) and I've just played around with some WeakAuras to again confirm that, see https://youtu.be/BaozrT9kHL4.
              Contains footage of my WeakAuras using GetTime() and UnitPower() to briefly show time and Astral Power every time Fury of Elune ticks, slowed down to 25% speed while also showing an Astral Power bar below. Not 100% accurate, as the combat log evaluation seems to lag behind a little bit but should be sufficient, I think.

Swol

• View Profile
              « Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 05:38:35 AM »
              Thanks for the info. I will look at the nature's balance dot extension and get it working like the game. I was actually working on balance some last night and fixed up the moonkin form damage bonus already.

Thanks for the fury of Elune test info. I hadn't had time to do those in depth tests myself yet. I suspected it might be as you found.

In my update (which we will post today sometime) I just removed the armor bonus from moonkin. There really isn't much point in modeling it in the simulator. Also, we don't have the movement stuff in yet. When we get that working we will add the cast while moving effects into the simulator. Incarnation was actually working fine: it applies a 35% damage buff if you look at that spell. The damage buff on the moonkin form spell wasn't doing anything. Someone put that in wrong because they didn't understand how the buff caching works in the simulator.

Filtering to astral spell school won't work for moonkin form damage buff. It will not buff pure arcane or pure nature spells. You can see how I did it in the update later. I used two buffs, one arcane and one nature, and then blacklisted astral spells from one of them so they wouldn't double dip. We don't have a way to target two spell schools with one buff right now.

Swol

• View Profile
              « Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 06:24:23 AM »
              I took a closer look at Nature's Balance on the beta. Sunfire is being extended on cast success, not on spell hit, just FYI. It does affect all Sunfire DoTs, as you noted. I'll update accordingly.

Swol

• View Profile
              « Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 06:28:20 AM »
              Just an FYI regarding the bug list: I took off a bunch of stuff that will go out in an update today sometime. There are bug fixes for Fire Mage, Frost/Unholy DK, Demonology, Destruction, Survival, Balance, Windwalker, and Elemental shaman going out in the update.
              « Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 06:31:46 AM by Swol »

Asashdor

• View Profile
              « Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 08:14:34 AM »
              I took a closer look at Nature's Balance on the beta. Sunfire is being extended on cast success, not on spell hit, just FYI.
              Checked again and you're right, sorry for the wrong info and thanks for the correction - guess I didn't account for the higher latency from Europe and got a wrong impression that way.

In my update (which we will post today sometime) I just removed the armor bonus from moonkin. There really isn't much point in modeling it in the simulator. Also, we don't have the movement stuff in yet. When we get that working we will add the cast while moving effects into the simulator. Incarnation was actually working fine: it applies a 35% damage buff if you look at that spell. The damage buff on the moonkin form spell wasn't doing anything. Someone put that in wrong because they didn't understand how the buff caching works in the simulator.
              Removing the armor bonus obviously does make sense, thought I mention it after not reporting some obvious things on several projects in the past and then seeing those not beeing fixed for a long time (just ask Kihra how long "Klaxxi" was mispelled on Warcraftlogs...).
              Suspected as much for Moonkin Form, Incarnation and movement spells but same reason as above - better report something obvious which is not mentioned in the bug list before it doesn't get fixed.

Filtering to astral spell school won't work for moonkin form damage buff. It will not buff pure arcane or pure nature spells. You can see how I did it in the update later. I used two buffs, one arcane and one nature, and then blacklisted astral spells from one of them so they wouldn't double dip. We don't have a way to target two spell schools with one buff right now.
              Yeah, that confused me quite a bit but seeing as it had been implemented that way, I assumed you added that functionality as well. Will definitely check for similar things in the future and not assume it'll work just because someone else thought it would.

But to get to more serious things:
              After that high praise for Feral stuff in my previous post, I've found a pretty big bug with Feral Dot extensions almost instantly after submitting my previous post. Did some more testing and think I've been able to confirm it:
              Currently you're using "DotNextTickSec(Rip) + DotDurationSec(Rip)" when extending the Duration of Rip using Ferocious Bite when in Execute Range or if Sabertooth is specced. As far as I can tell, this just adds the time until the next tick and default Rip duration on top of the current duration instead of resetting it to the maximum duration. Using Sabertooth I'm getting Rip durations upwards of 200 sec at the end of a 450sec fight and which also causes ridiculously long durations of Ashamane's Bite (i.e. Ashamane's Rip), as that just copies Rip's duration.
              Should be pretty easy to fix by just subtracting the remaining duration of Rip when extending it.

While experimenting with that I've also noticed that DotNextTickSec() seems to always return 0 regardless of which (definitely active Rake or Rip) Dot im testing, so the function above won't even work correctly.

I'll continue taking apart every little thing for Balance and Feral to be able to provide more and more feedback. :D

Swol

• View Profile
              « Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 10:03:13 AM »
              Thanks, I'll have Yellow look at that feral thing, since he was doing that spec for us. I know feral was one of the more difficult specs to get working.

Some more information regarding Destruction's imp:
              Blizzard confirmed that there is a bug with the imp right now. It's not exactly what we thought. The issue is that firebolt is costing more energy than intended. He starts casting at 140 energy, and in that time (with my char that has about 11.5% haste) he regens up to almost 180 energy. But the firebolt takes him down to around 110, so it is costing around 70 energy. That also means his energy regen is much higher than 10/second base. To model the current in-game behavior... I'll have to mess with the numbers a bit. I'll update once the game is updated, but for now I will try to recreate what is happening in the game, since I don't know what the intended energy regen/sec is.

yellowfive

• View Profile
              « Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 10:11:41 AM »
              I'll look at that rip thing -- the intention was (based on my in-game observations) that when you refresh Rip via FB, it seems to add the base duration (e.g. 24 seconds) on after the next tick. So if your next tick is 1 second from now, the game seems to keep that tick schedule and extend it to a 25-second Rip.

I see that there was a bit of a flaw in my logic when actually coding that up though ;) So I'll fix that.
              Mr. Robot is on: Twitter and Facebook

Sznekdqaaz

• View Profile
              « Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 12:35:24 PM »
              I think the Lord of Flames infernals are lasting the whole fight with Grimoire of Supremacy.

The logic looks correct in the spell mechanics and the log shows the infernals lasting for the right amount of time, but the casts shown in the spells table has much more casts and damage from the infernals.

Edit: I think this has to do with summoning a doomguard or infernal over top of the other one with this talent
              « Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:53:36 PM by Sznekdqaaz »

Sznekdqaaz

• View Profile
              « Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 02:09:46 PM »
              It also looks like the Conflageration of chaos is adding its own 100% crit chance to its damage multiplier,
              changing the damage formula from:
              Damage = Damage * (1 + TotalCriticalStrike)
              to
              Damage = Damage * (TotalCriticalStrike)
              would make up for the increased crit chance from the proc.

Swol

• View Profile
              « Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 07:52:37 PM »
              Yeah, I forgot to put the condition on the summon infernal spell to not be able to do it if you already have one, so it' s just casting Summon Infernal a bunch of times. Whoops.

And I see the problem with Conflagration of Chaos. I was buffing its crit chance, and that was being picked up in the formula. So, it was multiplying the damage by 2 and then that was crit'ing. Wouldn't that be great? The easy fix is I took the crit stat off the buff and just added a condition to the damage formula to make the crit chance = 1 if you have the buff.