Author Topic: spriest dps tanked after optimized  (Read 789 times)

kegabear

• View Profile
spriest dps tanked after optimized
« on: May 20, 2011, 05:17:02 PM »
ive been on a few sites,ej,spriest.com and a couple others trying to figure out why dps went from 16kish down to 12k after upgrading 5 blues with 5 epics,,2 353 and 3 359's..same group,same buffs same raid bosses..every stat was raised..doesnt seem to be anything in patch notes for nerfs from blizz..new to mr robot and reforged everything that was shown.dps dropped another 1kish..any help here would be appreciated..maybe another site i havent seen yet.i just downgraded my weapon to a 2h staff rated 9th bis compared to a 3rd bis and dps jumps by 2k..this is all testing on sw dummies
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 05:59:08 PM by kegabear »

Revulva

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: spriest dps tanked after optimized
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 04:53:12 AM »
First off... you cannot use target dummy tests as a reliable source of information. To give you an idea, if you wanted to know if you had gained or lost 100 DPS, you would have to hit a target dummy for 100 hours. During that 100 hours, assuming you were doing 450 seconds trials, you would see a range of DPS values that varied by 4000 DPS.

Second, I play a shadow priest, and I use Mr. Robot. My DPS has never gone down by reforging how Mr. Robot suggests. To test your DPS, you should really be using something like SimC, not a target dummy.

Third, a two-handed staff will never be better unless you don't have a good offhand to go with the one-hander.

You should post up your character realm/name and the different sets of gear you are testing - it would be very easy to quickly verify which gear is actually best for you using some simulations.

kegabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »
not to computer savy..been trying sim c and have my toon up there but not sure what next step is..kinda a slow learning process..toon is 'kosovina' from nazgrel..the only gear i am switching out now is incineratus and lost bag of whammies with the 2h staff legacy of arlokk..not only testing on dummies..trying in za,zg and 1-2 bosses in bot and bwd

Revulva

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 04:25:23 PM »
Kosovina is a warrior!
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/nazgrel/kosovina#v1-z1

Incineratus + Bag of Whammies is going to be better than Legacy of Arlokk, quite significantly.

kegabear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 08:10:10 PM »
lol..sorry i'm optimizing my warrior to..toon in question is 'sanddmann' from nazgrel