Author Topic: Site Update?  (Read 15579 times)

aerilas

• View Profile
Re: Site Update?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 06:34:08 AM »
The expansion is live on the 9th for pre-order people 14th for everyone else. 2.0 will be on the servers in 7 days.

Yes. Are you planning on updating the character builder with 2.0 gear soon?

bogey2230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 02:46:50 AM »
Appreciate the quick response and the hard work I am sure it took to update the necessary files.

rich

CaptPeters

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 07:20:53 AM »
The expansion is live on the 9th for pre-order people 14th for everyone else. 2.0 will be on the servers in 7 days.

Granted the "Classic Gear" is already in the system, it's the next tier or two that people are looking into and forward to. The min/max community, myself included, are chomping at the bit to see the path for almost immediate upgrades.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:22:48 AM by CaptPeters »

Revulva

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 09:11:21 AM »
We are discussing what to do about the expansion for SWTOR - we'll give everyone a heads up next week sometime when we figure out what we can do (the Team Robot company is all getting together next week to plan out this year's projects). Unfortunately... I doubt we could have an update ready in time for the launch of the xpac, but we can at least let everyone know our plan, and how long it would be.

Besides new items... are there any other serious changes to the game that we should be aware of?

fumbles

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
Hi Revulva,

As 2.0 isn't officially out yet, anything stated here is from PTS experience only and may change once 2.0 goes live. Having said that though...

On the item database side...
  • The database is currently missing many Bind to Legacy, Cartel Market, Reputation requirement, Adaptive Armor items.
  • Some of the items in the database are missing indicators.  Search for Scalene as an example.  These should all be orange color Bind to Legacy items, that have a Reputation requirement and are Adaptive Armors.
  • There are also a number of currencies missing from the item database (current).  2.0 will introduce a new set of currencies and obsolete a number of existing ones.
  • Loot (and their drop locations) are currently out of date, and will change again once 2.0 goes live.
  • The set bonuses in the update will be different from current (even if the effect is the same, they are not compatible).
  • There is a new operation as well as new level 55 HM versions of various flashpoints, so drop locations may need to be updated to reflect this depending on how far you want to go with keeping the database in sync.
  • There will be a very large number of new crafting recipes (many have not been discovered yet as it requires learning from a dropped green/blue item).  And as such, there are new crafting materials to go with them.

There's actually a fair amount of change in addition to the items.
  • The various stat conversion formulas have been changed for 2.0 to account for the increased level cap (of 55).
  • There are new datacrons and thus codex entries.
  • For the combat log side, there are a number of new abilities.  Many existing abilities have changed as well, or been removed from the game.
  • The skill trees will also be very different, including the interaction between them, which means any stat calculations shown on the character pages will need to be updated to reflect these interactions.

I'm sure there's more, but this is what's top of mind at the moment.  I've already emailed AMR privately, so you've got my email in case you want to chat more directly.

Cheers,
Fumbles
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:54:21 PM by fumbles »

thanatus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 06:29:57 AM »
Anything new in this regard. I would really like to be able to start planning my gear with many underworld / verpine tokens already collected

thanks

sourbill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 07:02:29 AM »
I was reading this thread and it sounds like you guys don't plan to support swtor at all.  But I'd ask you to please please please start again.  I love the character builder and I don't know any other website that has this feature.  Having the 2.0 data with the character builder would be really great.  So, for what my post is worth, please consider supporting swtor again with the new 2.0 data.

Meathooks

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 08:06:24 AM »
We are discussing what to do about the expansion for SWTOR - we'll give everyone a heads up next week sometime when we figure out what we can do (the Team Robot company is all getting together next week to plan out this year's projects).

The week has come and passed, is there any update on Team Robot's support of SWTOR?

Revulva

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 08:57:11 AM »
We were actually talking about this today.

So, here is our plan:
We are going to make an open source project that has all of our item data json and the extraction tools we use to get the data from the game. Anybody can take a look at those and add new items, etc. The idea is that we really need folks like you who play the game to help us keep all the item information up to date. We will also need the item icons collected, I can post up a little guide on how I have done that in the past. The other piece we are going to open source is our javascript that calculates stats - so that people who know about the game can update those and make sure the stats are getting calculated successfully.

Team Robot is going to block out Monday and Tuesday next week to work on SWTOR. We have to update the talent calculators and make adaptive armor work, at a minimum. We will give folks an update after that on how things are going - we really are not sure how hard/easy it will be to update, since we don't know if our extraction tools will even work anymore on the new expansion.

The idea here is to meet the community using our site halfway - we don't make money on the site at all, we run it at a loss, but, we think the site is really high quality and don't want to leave people hanging, especially since SWTOR still has no armory besides our site. The game community around SWTOR just isn't that large, unfortunately. We are willing to invest a couple of days of development time from our whole team and set it up such that users can keep the item data up to date. We have no idea if users will actually update the item data or not, but hopefully they will. We will post details on how that all works when we set it up next week.

Doing a partially open-sourced project will be new for us, so we can't promise the experiment will work - but we want to give it a shot.

We will have to disable the combat log parsing - people can look at old logs, but we won't be accepting new logs for 2.0, since we don't have time to update all the parsing code.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:59:41 AM by Revulva »

WasteGate

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 02:48:47 PM »
Happy to hear that your looking to open source the tools so the community can pitch in and keep AMR up to date.

Can't wait to contribute  :D

Regards,
Wastey  :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:51:18 PM by WasteGate »

Scorpius

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 02:49:42 PM »
If you guys need any assistance with testing this project before completely pushing it public, I'll be glad to help to get the ball rolling.

Don't believe we've talked before Revulva but I made the character sheet from the AMR profiles so people could embed them wherever, see here: http://www.seriousguild.com/forums/topic/serious-swtor-armory-profiles/.

thanatus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 02:09:07 AM »
With open source, there's really no need for the extractor to work ... I'd be more than happy for get look at all new gear added in 2.0, get the stats and input them into a db - pretty sure morepeople would be more than willing to help

jpeg

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 02:55:44 PM »

The idea here is to meet the community using our site halfway - we don't make money on the site at all, we run it at a loss, but, we think the site is really high quality and don't want to leave people hanging, especially since SWTOR still has no armory besides our site. The game community around SWTOR just isn't that large, unfortunately. We are willing to invest a couple of days of development time from our whole team and set it up such that users can keep the item data up to date. We have no idea if users will actually update the item data or not, but hopefully they will. We will post details on how that all works when we set it up next week.

Are you just not getting enough premium accounts users actually engaging with SWTOR features?  Or are the numbers of SWTOR users overall just not that great?

As developer, I look forward to taking a look at what you guys release and see how I can contribute in my spare time.

Revulva

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »
The community is too small to generate enough traffic to make money on advertising revenue (the ads don't even pay for the servers, much less development time). We never developed premium features for SWTOR, so the premium account just takes ads off the site - which results in not very many people (if any) paying for a sub because they use the site for SWTOR. Basically... the site has to get big enough that it can pay for premium feature development, which then leads to premium subs to keep it going... since SWTOR wasn't really that successful a game, there just aren't that many people using the site :(

All the feedback we've had says that people like the actual site - so we think that the low traffic is due to the community size, not because the site isn't what people want.

WasteGate

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
since SWTOR wasn't really that successful a game, there just aren't that many people using the site :(
I see the game going from strengths to strengths, but that's my personal opinion. People seem to forget that WoW only got better with time, like a good red wine  ;)

It's a hard ask though if your comparing subs from your wow site against the swtor site and hoping that it needs to reach that sort of level before premium feature development takes hold.

I'm looking forward to updates next week and then what the future holds for AMR. Community support may surprise you and things take off  ;D

-Wastey  :)