Author Topic: I've just server transferred and now Mr. Robot can't find my character.  (Read 715 times)

Digitalys

• View Profile
I am aware that Blizzard has had some problems with this as well, they specifically noted that a recently transferred character, a character that took the name of another deleted character or sometimes just having 2 Death Knights on a server can cause these bugs. I've done all 3 (xferd my dk , deleted the lvl placeholder name and already had another dk ) . My character does not show up here or on The Mobile Armory although oddly enough it does on battle.net which is why I was hoping you could help me. The Name is : Graveborne Area-52

raychumley

• Mr. Robot Human Resource
  • Just trying to do my part.
    • View Profile
    • Deities and Demigods
Re: I've just server transferred and now Mr. Robot can't find my character.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »
I was just able to load your character up, not sure if all the gear was current or not though. Can you give it another try? Sometimes it just takes the amory/api a little bit of time to get caught up after a server transfer.
Well that didn't work...

Tewelo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 01:08:27 AM »
Well, if you char is not on the armory mrrobot cannot find it to. It take a couple hours to update the database of it

Anglave

• Mr. Robot Human Resource
  • US / Khadgar: Azshes, Shearwrath
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »
Mr. Robot loads your information from the Armory.

After a transfer, it takes the Armory a while to 'catch up' with your character's changes.

Until the armory updates, there isn't much Mr. Robot can do about loading your character.  In the meantime, you can 'lock in' any specific gear to account for upgrades you've gotten, etc.

Generally it takes a couple days or less for the Armory to catch up.  And technically, the API that serves the data to Mr. Robot and other services, isn't exactly the same as the system that displays the Armory website.  It's possible for them to be somewhat out of sync.  However, your character appearing correctly on the Armory website is a good sign, the API is generally not far behind.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:08:08 AM by Anglave »