Author Topic: Will not update using Mr. Robot Client  (Read 1922 times)

Talle-Eonar

• View Profile
Will not update using Mr. Robot Client
« on: June 09, 2013, 11:27:10 AM »
I am having intermittent issues with updating my gear.  I am using the Ask Mr Robot client, and when I capture my gear in game, then go to the webpage and refresh, it only works ONE time.  After that, it will not re-refresh unless I completely exit WoW, completely close all of my browser pages (MIE 10), and even then it will sometimes not work.  I tried clicking on the "refresh from Armory" button too, but that does exactly what it says... loads the last gear saved in the armory. 

I say intermittent, because this does not always happen.  Do you know what might be causing it, and how I might fix it?  My Username is "Derek24650", and the profile I am having issues with at the moment is "Death Knight - Blood".  (Although I've had issues with all of my other profiles as well)

Revulva

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Will not update using Mr. Robot Client
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:07:19 AM »
Can you try the following next time you run into the issue:

After you click the Mr. Robot icon in-game and your UI reloads, if you don't see the new gear once you refresh your browser, try uploading the lua file manually. Click on Manage Bag and follow the manual instructions.

I am trying to see if the updated lua file is being generated or not, and then we can narrow down where the issue might be taking place.

Talle-Eonar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »
Ok, after playing with it for a few days, here is what I know for sure now:

If I hit F5, it just loads whatever gear set I had when I first loaded my profile.

If I hit "refresh from armory", it does exactly that.  Loads whatever is currently in the armory.

If I manually load the .lua file, it will work ONE time, but if I change my gear, save it again, and try to load a 2nd time, it reverts back to the 1st gear save.  I have to completely exit my browser in order to reset this.

All in all, it seems the client program does not work at all when working with specific profiles. 

Any help would be appreciated, because I LOVE this program, and I want to get to where everything is working correctly on my end, thanks!

Revulva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:36:15 AM »
This sounds like maybe it could be a browser issue... like somehow your browser is aggressively holding on to old data.

So, if you manually upload the lua file one time, and it works, then change your gear and save again... it won't work the second time. But, if you exit your browser and open again, you DO see the correct gear in your bag?

If this is the case, it means that the correct lua file is being generated and uploaded, but there is a problem with the browser caching old data. If you can clarify that for me, that would help. Right now we're having trouble recreating the issue.

When you change your gear, are you making the same change every time? If you are, it could help for us to know what that change is. You could send us the .lua files from before and after the update that isn't showing up - just email them to feedback[at]askmrrobot[dot]com and include a link to this thread in the email so that we know what the files are for.

Rasmir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 04:42:17 AM »
Im having the same problem. But i only use my browser and it is also IE 10. Its not updating anymore. I change like for an example trinket in game or spec fro fury to tank. Relogging thousand of times...updating thousand of times ...but it still have the same profile. Still stays at my tank profile with other trinket and gear....

Pl spls need help

Revulva

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 05:38:46 AM »
Give us a link to your character, please. Preferably, a saved profile.

Rasmir

• View Profile

Rasmir

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 09:43:31 AM »
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847766288

Here it is guys. Read so u understand why.

Revulva

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »
Thanks for finding that post.