Author Topic: why is Capacitive Primal Diamond listed for Arcane Mage  (Read 1148 times)

danno111

• View Profile
why is Capacitive Primal Diamond listed for Arcane Mage
« on: July 27, 2013, 07:15:36 PM »
I notice in the drop down to choose a gearing strategy it says "once you have Tier 15 trinkets and/or the Capacitive Primal Diamond haste becomes more valuable".  I was under the impression that I should be using the Sinister Primal Diamond and that the Capacitive was for Melee and Hunters.  So, my question is should I be using the Capacitive Primal Diamond to maximize my Arcane Mage's DPS or is the information on the website wrong?

Revulva

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: why is Capacitive Primal Diamond listed for Arcane Mage
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 09:00:43 PM »
The proc is worth nothing on the Capacitive. If you have your stat weights set up in such a way that you are capping haste and giving it no value after the cap, there is a chance that the Sinister will be weighted lower, since you are basically telling Mr. Robot you don't care about the proc.

If you give us a link to your specific profile, I can explain what you are seeing better. Click the "save as" button and then post the url.

danno111

• View Profile

Devloc

• Mr. Robot Human Resource
  • aka Vijari of Spinebreaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 09:21:13 AM »
Not exactly; loading up your character like that just gives us a default view.  What Rev needs is a link to a saved profile; this is a link that saves all of your stat weights, settings, etc.  It shows us exactly what you see (when I load up your character default-like, I see you 100% optimized, Sinister meta included).

On the left of the menu bar, next to Load, there's Save As - click that guy, and link the URL that gets generated here.  Make sure it's displaying the problem you're having!
"QUIET!  I'M TRYING TO SNEAK UP ON THEM!"

dekallo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 10:07:08 AM »
I think the issue here is just a text issue in the description for the Tier 15: RPPM gearing strategy for Arcane Mages.

Devloc

• aka Vijari of Spinebreaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »
Ah, I understand now.  I was under the impression that Mr. Robot was actually equipping the wrong Meta.  Yes, it looks like a "tooltip error" - thanks!
"QUIET!  I'M TRYING TO SNEAK UP ON THEM!"

Revulva

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 05:26:03 AM »
Oh, heh, yeah that is just a text error in the description. I'll change that.