Author Topic: Browser Support  (Read 31070 times)

yellowfive

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
Browser Support
« on: December 10, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
Officially Supported Browsers

Internet Explorer - Latest Release Version
Google Chrome - Latest Release Version
Firefox - Latest Release Version

Unofficially Supported Browsers

Safari - Latest Release Version
Opera - Latest Release Version

There are "unofficial" because we do not test on these browsers, but it is very rare that something works on the supported browsers and not on these browsers.

What does this mean for you?

If you encounter an issue with the website, we will only troubleshoot if we can reproduce it on one of the officially supported browsers.  If we can't reproduce it, we'll probably just tell you to get one of the officially supported browsers -- they are all free.

What about beta versions of new browsers?

If you encounter an issue while using a bleeding edge beta version of a browser, we just don't care.  If the browser makes it to release and there is still a problem, let us know and we'll fix it!

But Mr. Robot... I like old version N of browser X a lot better... why can't you support it?

Too... many... browsers... hate... life... just use a supported browser plz.

I'm using IE, but your site is totally mangled and broken, or Mr. Robot is rudely telling me that I am a cave man and using IE 7.  What gives?

You probably have compatibility mode enabled.  To ensure that compatibility mode is turned off:

1. In IE 9/10, you will see an icon that looks like a torn piece of paper on the right side of the address bar (you should see 3 icons, the compatibility mode icon, the refresh circular-arrow icon, and the cancel "X" icon).  Click the compatibility mode icon to turn it off.

2. If you do not see a compatibility mode icon near your address bar, do the following:
  a. Press the 'Alt' key to show the menus
  b. Go to Tools -> Compatibility View Settings
  c. Ensure that askmrrobot.com does not appear in the listbox in the middle of the dialog; if it does, simply remove it.
  d. Ensure that "Display all websites in Compatibility View" is NOT checked.

I'm using Windows XP, and it only supports up to IE8.

Buy a new computer immediately.  (Or install Firefox or Chrome... but seriously, throwing away your computer is a better option at this point.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:57:04 PM by yellowfive »
Mr. Robot is on: Twitter and Facebook