Author Topic: Hit Rating, Expertise, and Stat Weights  (Read 6548 times)

Revulva

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
Hit Rating, Expertise, and Stat Weights
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:35:41 AM »
The combat ratings for hit and expertise are as follows:
Spell Hit Rating: 1% = 102.446 Hit Rating
Physical Hit Rating: 1% = 120.109 Hit Rating
Expertise Rating: 1% = 120.109 Expertise Rating

The caps for these stats are:
Physical Hit - Special or "Yellow": 8%
Spell Hit: 17%
Dual Wield - Auto Attack or "White": 27%
Expertise: 6.5%

Up to the 8% special hit cap and the 6.5% expertise cap, physical hit rating and expertise are identical. 120 rating will increase your chance to land an attack by 1%. There are two exceptions to this rule that we are currently aware of: 1.) DK ghouls benefit from the DK's hit rating, but not expertise. This causes physical hit to be weighted higher than expertise for DKs. 2.) Ret Paladins have a couple attacks that are ranged physical attacks which use melee hit rating, but cannot be dodged or parried. This causes physical hit rating to be weighted higher than expertise for that class as well.

If spell hit rating also factors in for a class, a separate weight for spell hit should be provided. The game treats physical and spell hit rating differently, so we will too.

For an example of someone who understands this and created stat weights well, check out ieatpaperbag's posts for Assassination and Combat Rogues on the EJ forums. I will use Assassination Rogue stat weights (at the time of this post) as an example:
ieatpaperbag lists the stat weights like this:
Yellow Hit Rating = 1.75
Spell Hit Rating = 1.4
White Hit Rating = 0.75
Expertise Rating = 1.1

We can re-write these stat weights in the following manner:
Physical Hit Rating: 1.1 up to 8% cap, 0.75 up to 27% cap
Expertise Rating: 1.1 up to cap
Spell Hit Rating: 0.65 up to cap

Mr. Robot will always separate physical and spell hit ratings. In this example, up to the 8% cap, the total stat weight for hit rating is the physical + spell stat weight = 1.75. After 8%, the value is 0.75 + 0.65 = 1.4, and after 27% the value is simply 0.75.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:28:15 PM by Revulva »

AntidotE

• View Profile
Re: Hit Rating, Expertise, and Stat Weights
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:29:42 AM »
Sorry, if I am repeating somebody, or chosen wrong topic, but would like to ask.
Does Mr.Robot take into account racial hit %?
I am draenei mage, in armory I have 17,03% hit cap. Optimizer proposes stuff with 16,9x%
Changing race does not affect on current shown hit %, which should be adjusted (be 15.9x% since race does not provide additional hit).
That's why I'm a bit confused, is racial hit % counted.
P.S. sorry for my bad English, I'm Ukrainian :)

Revulva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 08:44:05 AM »
The racial is taken into account.

The stats show a combination of your hit on gear and any talents, racials, buffs, etc. If you change your race, it automatically re-optimizes accordingly.

Here is a fire mage that is draenei:
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/magefire#v0-o10300s23

Here is one that is not:
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/magefire#v0-o20300s23

You will see that the reforges are very slightly different because of the racial bonus.

AntidotE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 03:28:33 PM »
I got it... Thanks for reply.
In my case I just loaded my character, got it optimized and changed race to dwarf. Hit rating in current version (only change is race to dwarf) becomes optimized through new reforging... I would like to see changes in that case without re-optimizing on-the-fly... Is it possible to implement this?

chimay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:37:34 AM »
Hi,

great work.
on my enhance shaman
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/dalaran/chimayblanc#v0-z1-o71328s22

it always tries to reduce my expertise to increase other stats (mastery).

As I understand it reaching expertise cap and hit caps should be the primary goal, increasing mastery only coming after.
It might be because you use a caster weapon setting where mastery is more important but in 4.0.6, it is not the case anymore and exp should have a bigger weight than mastery until cap.

Revulva

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 08:38:28 AM »
I am going to look into the new info for Enhancement shamans a bit closer and revise the default stat weights. It looks like there is an updated version of SimC and EnhSim that I can use now. Before the patch, the BiS enhancement set was not really favoring expertise that much - that is why the current defaults might take some off on you.

Holaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask you a chance to see the various stat weights for shadow priest and warlock destruction Dapo the new patch 4.1
 thanks.
 my warlock. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hakkar/holaf/simple
 my priest. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hakkar/lastpriest/simple