Author Topic: 4.0.6  (Read 4857 times)

Revulva

• Mr. Robot's Drinking Buddy
    • View Profile
« on: February 06, 2011, 11:15:13 AM »
This is a thread to discuss changes that will be made to Mr. Robot's site regarding the 4.0.6 patch. The main item that needs to be discussed is updating the default stat weights. Updates such as new enchants, changed items, etc. will, of course, be incorporated - there's just nothing to discuss on that front.

Death Knights
- All DK's will have +9% hit with spells.

Blood:
Now that Blood Shield can stack if it is not used up, that may affect how mastery is weighted. There is an ongoing discussion about tank stat weights here: http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php?topic=764.0

Frost:
We don't anticipate changes to stat weights for Frost DK's, especially since they didn't care about the spell hit cap to begin with.

Unholy:
Many changes here. In a nutshell, they are trying to make mastery not suck. Reading around on various forums, there is talk that the stat priority will be Strength > Hit > Haste > AP > Mastery > Expertise > Crit. The relative value of these is something that we're going to have to work out, but it seems that Haste is still going to be substantially better than the other secondary stats. Here is a first estimate/guess that we will be using until someone can show us some good math:
MH DPS: 115
Strength: 100
OH DPS (for DW): 85
Physical Hit: 50
Haste: 40
Attack Power: 38
Mastery: 30
Expertise: 25
Crit: 24
Spell Hit: 20 (This shouldn't even factor in with the passive 9% spell hit.)

Druids

Balance
There are some changes to balance - a buff to mastery is one of the most notable ones. The question I see is if Mastery is going to overtake Crit in the stat weights. I used WrathCalcs to find some stat weights to use on Balance initially, if I were to go by the PTR version of the spreadsheet, I would indeed see mastery pull above crit. The weights would look something like this:
Intellect: 2.91
Spell Power: 2.24
Spell Hit/Spirit: 1.94
Haste: 1.42
Mastery: 1.02
Crit: 0.93

Feral
There are changes to Feral Druids, but, it is not clear to us at this point that the relative value of stats will change much, if at all.

Restoration
Mastery has been given a slight buff, but, I don't think that is going to make much of a difference as far as gearing is concerned.

Hunters
In a nutshell: nerf Survival Hunters and buff BM/Marksmanship. How are the changes going to affect stat breakdowns? Right now I don't really know. Feedback is welcome.

Mages
Mages are getting buffed in general. As far as changes that affect stat breakdowns...

Fire
It is still unclear what the relative values of Crit, Haste, and Mastery are. If I were to believe the latest version of SimulationCraft, it is weighting Haste > Crit > Mastery, which doesn't really seem right to me. I will have to follow discussions on this topic closely to see if there is anything that can help us come to a conclusion.

Paladins

Holy
Holy Paladins might care more about Spirit in this patch - our default stat weights already weight Spirit highly. The cap that users are putting on their Spirit total may change, but that is a personal preference.

Retribution
It looks like the stat weights are going to be changing. According to Redcape's Spreadsheet (http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t109229-redcapes_ret_dps_spreadsheet_5_14_4_06_ready_updated_02_03_a/), the new stat weights should be something like:
Strength: 232
Hit: 134
Expertise: 134
Mastery: 99
Crit: 94
Haste: 67
Spell Hit: 41

Priest
The changes to Discipline and Holy do not look like they are going to change stat breakdowns, although they will have quite an effect on play.

Shadow
Mastery is being buffed. The question is... will it be better than Crit? I don't think we know the definitive answer yet. Crit and Mastery are always going to be very close in value. I am still inclined to slightly favor Crit over Mastery. The latest stat weights suggested by SimC are (I modified Hit/Spirit to be above Haste, since it is still the preference of many shadow priests, like me, to be hit capped):
Intellect: 100
Spell Power: 78
Spell Hit/Spirit: 58
Haste: 57
Crit: 44
Mastery: 43

These are basically the same as before the patch. Mastery is still not worth stacking, according to SimC, even after the buff. We will see how it continues to play out.

Rogues
We're looking for feedback on whether the changes are going to effect stat weights for Rogues. It looks like maybe Mastery could become better for Combat?

Shamans
Blizzard is trying to discourage caster main hand weapons for Enhancement... we will leave the option in until we're convinced it is no longer viable. I don't see relative stat weights changing that much for any of the specs - some tweaks may be needed, but no flip-flops should occur.

Warlocks
I don't expect much to change with Affliction as far as gearing goes. Demonology and Destruction will require a closer look to see if Mastery is going to become more valuable. The latest stat weights from SimC are looking like this:
Destruction
Spell Power: 78
Spell Hit: 76
Haste: 42
Crit: 39
Mastery: 36

Demonology
Spell Power: 79
Spell Hit: 77
Haste: 44
Mastery: 43
Crit: 40

Warriors
I'm really looking for feedback on Warrior DPS stat weight defaults.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:24:28 PM by Revulva »

Devloc

• Mr. Robot Human Resource
  • aka Vijari of Spinebreaker
    • View Profile
Re: 4.0.6
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
RE: Frost DKs - 2h weapons are seriously closing the gap:
Might of the Frozen Wastes now also increases all melee damage by 4/8/12% while wielding a two-handed weapon.
"QUIET!  I'M TRYING TO SNEAK UP ON THEM!"

Revulva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
True, I saw that. I don't think the change will affect anything on the Mr. Robot site, though - the relative value of stats stays the same.

Devloc

• Mr. Robot Human Resource
  • aka Vijari of Spinebreaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 12:51:55 PM »
You're probably right, I think dw will be BiS regardless after the change.  So... nothing should really change.
"QUIET!  I'M TRYING TO SNEAK UP ON THEM!"

yellowfive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:02:10 PM »
Note on feral -- I'm going to play around and come up with new weights for cat and bear, probably check out Mew to see if it has 4.0.6 stuff for cat. 

The bear weights that we are currently using came from the EJ bear thread, and don't produce very good sets of gear in my opinion (ends up stacking stamina to the exclusion of all else).  I'll probably tweak it such that it ends up producing gem, enchant, and reforge combinations that put in stamina, agility, mastery, and/or dodge as well as stamina.

I'm also considering doing a more in-depth analysis of mastery for bears, to see if its weight is higher than EJ would suggest.  Even if it's a tad worse than dodge, if it's at least decent, I think it would be a more valuable reforge than dodge, since it has more utility for a feral off-tank (who does damage for part of a fight, tanks the rest), a role that feral excels at currently.
Mr. Robot is on: Twitter and Facebook

yellowfive

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:17:49 AM »
Note that we'll probably also have to drop the relative weight on spell power for enhancement a little, since flametongue does less damage now.

Tryss

• Resolve Guild Member
  • plus 5,724
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »
Yeah, Rogues will change a little. There are some preliminary Combat stat weights here: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t111329-combat_guide_cata/p7/#post1842882

However, I imagine the main page for Assassination and Combat will be updated once the patch hits. I think they just pull the stat weights from what Shadowcraft tells them with T11 Heroic gear or something.

yellowfive

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »
A few other random things that we need more information on:

- warlock 4-piece T11 set bonus... is it good for PvE now, or still not that great?  If it is good, about how good is it?

- hunter 4-piece T11 set bonus: hard to estimate... can someone give me a rough estimate of what percent of a hunter's total damage is done by cobra shot and/or steady shot for each of the 3 hunter specs?

ShadeWyrm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 04:25:44 AM »
From our World of Logs reports our survival hunter is hovering between 20% and 25% of the damage done by Cobra Shot. I would assume a BM would be similar while an MM would be higher.

Elrad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »
Hi. Will you be adding the new alchemy trinkets?  I'm not seeing them show up as upgrades (the int one for me as a disc priest).

Also, is the jury still out re: stat weightings for disc healing? I'd think mastery would increase in value with the shield buffs (though I haven't had a chance to do my own research yet).

Thanks. Dig your tool.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:51:34 AM by Elrad »

Revulva

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »
The new alchemy trinkets are in there, but you'll only see them in the t11 or higher item lists. I initially forgot to flag them as "pre-raid" items - we have fixed that now. We're working on an update to fix a few minor bugs and the armory loading issues - this fix will be taken care of in that update. Thanks for the info.

Elrad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 11:21:07 AM »
Cool thx

Bouks

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 02:24:17 PM »
Glad to see that the alchemy trinkets are coming, as I'm making one. 

But I also noticed that (for my druid, at least) the Inscription relic isn't even in the list for consideration.  My scribe made one for my druid, and it certainly looks competitive - not quite the best, but easier to get.  Can you add that to the pre-raid gear list?

yellowfive

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »
Looks like we missed the caster inscription relics... we'll add those in.

Tryss

• Resolve Guild Member
  • plus 5,724
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 08:31:33 AM »
EJ has updated Subtlety stat weights for the patch as well: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t110016-cataclysm_raiding_faq_updated_2_8_11_a/

Looks like Assassination stayed the same, which should be right since there were few changes.