AMR Client Error


#1

An unexpected error has occurred: One or more errors occurred. (Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: factory)


#2

same here…

An unexpected error has occurred: One or more errors occurred. (Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: factory)

When I try to sim my Char…

SIM ID:
https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/f72e82c3b63a410c99fc1339975bfc45


#3

Same for me as well!


#4

This seems to happen sometimes when we update the client… haven’t quite figured out why yet. If you stop and restart your client, does the error go away?


#5

After I restarted the client it auto updated correctly and continues to work.

I tried what we discussed in discord by using the “all” client instead of windows and it still happened. I’m not sure if this information is helpful but it’s always 2/4 clients that fail. 2 update correct and 2 get that error.


#6

I’m thinking it must be related to when the server that processes client requests is updating… just can’t quite narrow it down to exactly where the error is happening.


#7

Same error here. Happens every time. Deleted client folder and re-downloaded, same error. When allowed to sit a bit, I end up with a further error, may or may not be meaningful.


#8

I did restart the client, I deleted and downloaded a new client. Still the same error for me


#9

Same here after deleting client and downloading it again.


#10

I’m having a hard time tracking this one down because that is a generic error message coming from inside one of the .net core libraries… and my attempts to google that specific error and figure out which method might be causing it have found nothing.

I’ll try to figure out a way to either reproduce or capture more information about where the error is happening…

When you start up the client, do you get the error immediately or after a delay? Or only when you try to run a simulation?


#11

It does not happen when I run the client, only when I try to run a sim that causes the client to auto update.


#12

Its still happening:
Ask Mr. Robot client version 1083 loaded.
User robynmz connected.
Running in Normal performance mode.
Global Network is disabled.

An unexpected error has occurred: One or more errors occurred. (Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: factory)

Please go to the Contact page at askmrrobot.com and submit a technical support request if this error persists.

Press any key to exit…


#13

I think that I have figured out the cause of this error… was a tough one to track down. Version 1086 of the client is live on the site. Your client might be able to auto-update to version 1086 and be fine, but I’d recommend just deleting your local version and re-download version 1086 from the site to get rid of this error for good.

Let me know if you still have any issues after a fresh install of version 1086 or higher.