(AMR Client) - One or more errors occurred. (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

I keep getting this error when I try to use the AMR client.

Here’s the error log:

“Id”: “17dce98b-d04e-4022-96fe-aa6b2c206dd2”,
“Date”: “2017-06-06T01:19:06.2429902Z”,
“Message”: “One or more errors occurred. (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)”,
“Type”: “System.AggregateException”,
“StackTrace”: " at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n at amr2.ClientSimulationSource.Listen(Func5 action, Func4 chunkAction, Action1 status, CancellationToken canceller)\r\n at TeamRobot.Wow.Simulator.Services.SimWorker.Run(Action2 callback, Action1 status, Action1 info, String chunkQueueName, String chunkTableName, String csvFolder, CancellationToken outsideCancelToken)\r\n at amr2.Worker.RunWorker()\r\n at amr2.Worker.Start()\r\n at amr2.Program.Main(String[] args)"
},

I’m using Windows 10CU, and all updates are current. Any ideas? Thanks.

When do you get this error – right away when you start it up, or after a while? Or after you try to start a simulation?

Initially it didn’t start happening until I first ran a simulation and from that point on it would error as soon as I opened the client. Sometimes I can hit a key quick enough and clear the queue which stops it from giving me the error immediately, but I just run into the problem again when I try and run another sim.

Currently (assuming I don’t clear the queue) it just errors every time I open it.

Unfortunately that error message is a bit vague… in our next update I have some code that can hopefully print out more information.

Have you tried deleting the whole folder and re-downloading the latest version from our site? This will blow away your settings as well, wondering if somehow a bad setting is causing an issue…

Yeah, I’ve deleted the folder and re-downloaded a few times just to make sure, but I just run into the issue again.

Do you have a link to the simulation that causes the problem? Or does pretty much any simulation cause it?

The simulation report doesn’t really generate. It just sits at “Queued” since it errors immediately, and yeah it happens with any simulation I’ve tried.

Here’s the report anyways though:
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/b76eab3d5fb84779a084ae39172a13dd

Strange… seems like it is getting an error any time it pulls work from your queue, before it can even start it.

Another question – do you have a free or premium user account?

I’m using a free account

I think that I found the cause of the error – thanks for the bug report.

I’ll fix and try to get a client update out soon, in the next day or two.

Just wanted to give an update. The most recent version fixed the issue! Thanks a lot for the quick responses and fix.