Ignore an item?

Is there a way to ignore a single item in best in bags? I want to ignore Kil’Jaeden’s Burning Wish without having to delete the item from my character haha.

No, we don’t have an ignore item option. You can lock in the trinkets you want instead, though. Then optimize around those.

Problem is I don’t know what other trinkets are best because best in bags won’t tell me unless I delete Kil’Jaeden’s Burning Wish -_-

Funny thing is I was under the impression Azortharion did mrrobot’s stat weights as well as icy-veins and yet his guide on icy-veins says Kil’Jaeden’s Burning Wish is one of only 3 “truly undesirable Legendaries”. So it’s one of the 3 bad ones and I have 6 total legendaries including some of the best ones and yet it says to use it…

We do all our own theorycraft. We also don’t use stat weights at all - instead we created our own method for finding the best gear that is a data-driven approach based on simulation.

Picking legendary items is a very complicated problem that requires massive amounts of simulation data to solve correctly. We have been hard at work on a method to deal with it, and are nearing a solution that we can start posting up for all specs. It has taken a while because each spec requires millions of simulations to find the answer.

For right now, the best thing for you to do is create a custom gearing strategy for your character, based on the legendary items that you want to use. Then, lock in those legendary items and optimize around them. Hunters have a few options for legendary combos that work well. The trinket is generally much better for AoE fights than single target.

@peteed1985 You can override BiB, after you run it: select KBW on the BiB read-out & replace it with the alternative of your choice then “Save & Update” for the relevant spec('s)… re-Export & re-equip as appropriate.