Macro to change spec and pick gear

Currently with the add-on you can swap spec and gear, can this be written into a macro so I could have a one click button or does the add-on window need to be open for the gear swap if it isn’t the gear default for that spec?

You can right-click the Addon minimap button to cycle through your sets/specs.

Okay, but that’s slower than opening up the add-on and selecting it from the list, I’m trying to make it faster. If a macro has the ability to select a spec and gear set from the Ask Mr Robot add-on I make a macro to select it instead.

Yes, you can do it with a macro. You will see your setups in the dropdown list on the Gear tab of the UI, each one gets a number internally starting with 1 at the top, e.g. if my list looks like:

Unholy
Blood Raid
Blood M+
Frost

And i want to make a macro to activate “Blood M+” I would do

/amr equip 3

To add to what @yellowfive said, you can include a modifier to the macro to switch between multiple sets… but it may be that you already know how to macro modifiers, so… apologies for being ‘obvious’.

Thanks yellowfive that is preciously what I wanted, very helpful, and eighjan extra info is always better than not enough so thank you too.

I’m a Druid, so I have four specs, I have two builds per spec which makes it eight, so it really does help my gaming experience a lot to jump to the right one rather than cycling through them all.

Also, I have an add-on called select which allows right clicking on an icon to bring up a small menu of other spells/items to select, I think Mages have this as part of their setup, so just one icon and eight easily selectable specs/gear setups is going to be great.

Thank you.