Chat spam from addon

I just updated today 2-14-2020 from Twitch the ask robot addon. With it enabled I get chat spam selling runs and also people looking for groups. With it being the ONLY addon enabled. When its off I don’t get this. Can’t even block it as its not part of a channel.

UPDATE = I just went back to Version (2/13/20 v84) from V85 and it’s not doing it anymore. Something is very wrong with V85. As I tried a fresh install of V85 and it came back

Chat spam addon

5 Likes

Same exactly. Only adding this so dev knows it’s happening to more than one person.

4 Likes

It looks like whatever is said in general gets cut off and reposted. Happening here too.

3 Likes

AskMrRobot\Gear.lua line 1309:

Amr:AddEventHandler("CHAT_MSG_CHANNEL", testfunc)

Directly above that on line 1301:

local function testfunc(message)
print(strsub(message, 13))
end
4 Likes

Thanks for confirming it was this addon with me. I wanted to make sure before I did my post. I’m sure its an easy fix.

2 Likes

Same here v85 is a little messed up

2 Likes

Same problem here, started with V85.
Went back to V84 for now.
i almost tought AMR was taken over by gold sellers lol

1 Like

Yeah thats what I originally thought as well ghostsand! What flatluigi said makes more sense now. See I normally turn off my trade chat and only turn on when I need it. When I first seen the messages I was like OH NO some addon was hacked.

Thanks again to everyone confirming the same issue I 'm sure the dev team will fix ASAP.

1 Like

Whoops – sorry about that. Looks like I accidentally left in a line of debugging code that we use sometimes. I’ll remove it in an updated version soon.

1 Like

I posted version 86 of the addon – should fix the issue.

The craziest thing about this bug is it’s showing me trade chat even without being in a city with trade enabled.

Version 86 fixes the issue.

If you look at it, all it does is echo back the last thing typed in chat. I use this sometimes to get item link information placed in chat when debugging. Nothing fancy going on – just 2 lines of code.