Classic WoW Optimizer

I wouldn’t mind a simulator. It seems to me that there’s a lot of conflicting information going around the internet currently. Finding BiS lists is pretty easy, but figuring out when it is worth it to go under hit cap to get a larger amount of crit and strength/agi, or indeed how the hit cap even changes when weaponskill increases (especially in regard to the human and orc racials). Furthermore, how much is hit worth when you’re already overcapped?

I’m not going to make a classic simulator - I really don’t think it is necessary. If some other people make one that works we can use it to get some data possibly.

Hit is not worth anything once you are at the cap, just FYI.

Simulationcraft is out for Classic WoW

I’ll happily volunteer to help with any level 60 Warrior data !

Just my two cents. I understand Classic WoW is so much different than current WoW, but I am also a paid subscriber of AMR since the beginning, and I’d love to see a version of AMR for classic. It was the first MOD I looked for.

Bryan

1 Like

An update!

Over the past two weeks we have been assessing the work involved with making a classic version of the site – writing some code, trying a few things out, etc.

We’re going to try and make it happen!

There is quite a bit of work involved, but we think it is doable.

We’ll have more details as we get further along. I don’t have an exact date for when it will be ready, but the goal is towards the end of November (assuming nothing comes up that delays it). It also depends a bit on the timing of 8.3 – if that is sooner rather than later, we would have to pause on classic and finish that first, then come back to working on classic.

The classic optimizer will likely be treated as an “addon” to the normal premium account and require paying a small one-time fee to activate it – still working on the details of that. While there is some interest in classic, without an additional fee, we don’t think we could cover the development costs based on our estimates of how many people would use it and the hours it will take to build. We’ll do our best to keep the cost for users as low as possible – something that has been important to us since we first offered premium services back in 2011.

8 Likes

That is awesome news! Sooner the better, im sure most will be happy for the extra fee, i know i will be :slight_smile:

I took your survey and the next to last question is would I pay extra for best in bag support. I answered no and want to clarify. I am not paying because I recently returned to the game and do not play retail; only classic. So I don’t want to pay extra for classic support. I only want classic support and am not subscribed currently because I don’t need retail client support at all. I would of course buy a total suite subscription if that is what I must do. Please take my money………… O_o

So, it’s been months since you would ‘concider it’ is a classic AMR going to happen or…? There are plenty of players dedicated to Classic and this would be awesome, I stopped paying for Premium because…I stopped playing retail. I’d happily pay, again for classic.

Thank you!

Did you not read about 3 posts above yours?

No, I did not. I read from the top and seems that I missed that one, thank you.

This makes me so happy. It’s at least releasing early enough into Classic that it will have great benefits to everyone going forward. Here - take my money.

I’d enjoy a simulator, that would be awesome all of this would. I’m shocked @Swol wol would say %hit is pointless pass “soft” cap of 6% cause as a combat rogue that only makes sure my yellow hits will land and not miss, but more hit makes it so more of my white hits land and don’t miss or glance. Now I run at 11% hit and I can out dps better “Crit” and agil rogues in my guild simply cause I run with more hit and our damage is openly known to 50+% come from our white hits. So wheat I’m getting at is @Swol you’re dead wrong in saying “Hit is not worth anything once you are the cap” since it’s actually a SOFT cap and not a hard cap.

I was talking about the hard cap. Once you are at that cap, like 16% for a mage (without talents), hit doesn’t do anything anymore.

This is awesome! Great news for Classic Wow players and I would be happy to pay an additional fee.

I just subscribed again. I don’t play BFA anymore but I subscribed to help you guys out to make this happen for Classic as soon as you can.

Thanks all! We’re busily working on it, trying to get it up and running before the 8.3 crunch happens in December.

4 Likes

Thank you, noobs like me don’t care about numbers and stats we just want to hit stuff and want the best gear on to do that!

Hit me up if you need testers!

+1 for Classic. I am a paying subscriber as well who does not play retail anymore.

1 Like