Error in client for artifact path

Downloaded the latest AMR client, unpacked it into a folder on my desktop. Went into DOS box (Windows 7 64-bit) and launched the amr.exe program. Get this error:

Error: assembly specified in the dependencies manifest was not found – package: ‘microsoft.data.edm’, version: ‘5.8.2’, path: ‘lib/netstandard1.1/de/Microsoft.Data.Edm.resources.dll’

Help?

EDIT: I’m trying to do the artifact simluation thing, so the client I’m talking about here is that one you have to run in Windows before you can use the website simulator, NOT the in-game client for gear selection.

I’m not an expert here but I suggest looking for updates from Microsoft.
Not sure how you get .net updates for winblows 7 though.

Apparently it is an error in the build process. They are probably using C# in visual studio to compile the program and need to add a direct reference to that DLL, ala this:

<Reference Include="Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=5.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL"> <SpecificVersion>False</SpecificVersion> <HintPath>..\packages\Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.5.6.1\lib\net40\Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.dll</HintPath> </Reference>

This isn’t a problem I can solve myself, it means that more testing of their client is needed. I’m running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on an Intel chipset with dot.Net 2 & 4 installed and updated.

Also found a post that said something about unchecking “Local filecopy” from the compiler so it doesn’t copy files during compilation.

The client will work as-is on any windows, mac, or supported linux build.

If you are getting an error like this, it usually means that you are missing a windows update or some other prerequisite. Have you tried fully updating your machine via windows update, and/or installing all of the .net core stuff if you prefer not to do updates? https://www.microsoft.com/net/core#windowsvs2017