Error when trying to import into game

everytime I try to import into game I get this error, I even uninstalled and reinstalled add on to make sure I had the latest version.

Message: Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:261: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘val’ (a nil value)
Time: Wed Jun 26 06:24:17 2019
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:261: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘val’ (a nil value)
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:261: in function ImportCharacter' Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:148: in functionImportCharacter’
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:11: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:9>
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[string “safecall Dispatcher[4]”]:9: in function <[string “safecall Dispatcher[4]”]:5>
…ace\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire’
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\ui\AmrUiButton.lua:25: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\ui\AmrUiButton.lua:22>

Locals:

reinstalled running v77 still same issue

That line number seems to indicate that you still aren’t getting the latest version of the addon loaded for some reason…

Did you update the addon while WoW was still running? Have you tried completely exiting the game, update the addon, then start it again?

I have exited the game completley (including shutting down battlenet app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app then tried again

Message: Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:261: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘val’ (a nil value)
Time: Thu Jun 27 05:11:39 2019
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:261: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘val’ (a nil value)
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:261: in function ImportCharacter' Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:148: in functionImportCharacter’
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:11: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:9>
[C]: ?
[string “safecall Dispatcher[4]”]:9: in function <[string “safecall Dispatcher[4]”]:5>
…ace\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire’
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\ui\AmrUiButton.lua:25: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\ui\AmrUiButton.lua:22>

Locals:

I’m guessing you’ve not played WoW for a while and haven’t adjusted to the new addon location, Blizzard changed the folder structure a few months ago.
\\<your WoW install directory>\_retail_\Interface\AddOns

Make sure you’ve got them in the correct location and it will work, if it didn’t there would be many, many more people asking for a fix.

1 Like

that was it!! Thank You!

Well done Cluey ! I would have never think about that !