Optimize Page Loading Slow

I’ve been using the site for years, primarily the Optimize page, but as of today, 9-Oct-2021, the Optimize and Rank Gear page (Optimize and Rank Gear - Ask Mr. Robot) is either extremely slow to load or doesn’t load at all. Was working fine yesterday. I typically use a bookmark to my main character, but even just going to the main page, then to the Optimizer stalls or is very slow (I haven’t tried to past an AMR string at this point yet–it’s my access to the site that’s bugged somehow). The main page (https://www.askmrrobot.com/) comes up fine as do the forums. Didn’t check any other sections of the site since I mostly use the Optimize page.

Any ideas?

I’m not seeing any site-wide issue… could it have been a temporary network issue perhaps? Are you still experiencing the slowness?

Yep, still slow. Hangs for 1-2 min when I go to Optimize and same when I load an AMR paste string from the add-on. I’ll play with it some more tomorrow… Raidbots, Warcraft Logs, and Blizzard/WoW pages load fine, but maybe it was a McAfee Total Protection update that doesn’t like the AMR web execution script (no idea really, just a wild guess). :frowning:

If you post a snapshot, I can see if there is something specific about your case. You can do that by following these instructions:

I checked our server logs and don’t see any broad issue affecting the website as a whole (average response times are under 1 second at the moment for the optimizer).

So I tried MS Edge instead of Google Chrrome and it worked fine. No idea as I don’t see anything in the Chrome security settings that would cause a problem, but I will use Edge as a workaround for now.

This is the “Help” snapshot for Chrome (very slow)
bbd6f339f2484d9b9aead00f61bc5054

This is the snapshot from Edge (working fine)
71a2cd89a9864469b19bd0fb651cb9bf

All I can think is that it’s a Chrome update or a McAfee update for “safe web browsing” that’s affecting Chrome (default browser) and not Edge.

Yeah hard to say… could be something weird cached in Chrome, you could try clearing your browser cache in Chrome and see if it helps.

I can’t really think of anything browser-specific that would cause such a difference in load times… are there any network or javascript errors in Chrome showing up in the console?

Chrome Console showed this…
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho/sourceMap/chrome/iframe_handler.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Ok, so it’s definitely McAfee. When I go to Chrome / More Tools / Extensions, then disable McAfee Web Advisor, the AskMrRobot site loads fine. I’ll report the issue to McAfee (if I can).

Glad that you found the cause. Yeah some of those types of extensions can really mangle things and prevent valid http requests from being made correctly.