Docker for the SIM client - Unraid

Kinda new to the client/sim portion of AMR. But I have Unraid server that i was trying to get the Global network running on so I can contribute to the Cause.

I wanted to run the client in a docker so that way the client would run dynamically on unraid. but I dont see any working dockers out there. Just posting to see if anyone has any input on this. As ive tried using https://hub.docker.com/r/acidweb/askmrrobot But it just fails on run.

Sorry – I haven’t used docker much, so don’t have anything for it. Just getting it to work in linux was a big step for me!

For what it’s worth, you only need to install one thing to get the client working: the latest available version of the .net core runtime, described on the simulator client download page.

When I spin up lots of linux servers to crank out simulations in the cloud, I use a simple script to install .net core when each node starts up. Microsoft has the process documented:

See the footnote, you only need dotnet-runtime-2.2.1 not aspnetcore-runtime-2.2.1

And of course use the picker for your flavor of linux.

Not sure if that’s enough information for someone to set up docker or not.

Thanks for the Reply! Yeah if i cant Figure it out soonish I may just end up booting a Ubuntu VM up on it solely for that. The only downside Is i think I have to dedicate cores and memory to that vm rather then it running dynamically from docker. But eh, ill keep poking around for a bit.

I ran into the same issue and decided to build a new docker image. I’ve also open sourced the Dockerfile so it will be easier for anyone to update in the future.

New image with instructions is here:
https://hub.docker.com/r/gaffneyc/askmrrobot

Awesome, so I have a unraid server and ive installed the docker image. but im not sure how to enter the my username and password from this, When i boot the docker the log shows that its trying to connect but then crashes. if i run the docker it just shows a console where I cant enter anything.

The first thing you’ll need to do is to create a volume that will store the credentials, run the image with an interactive shell so you can input them, then you should be able to start up the simulator. I just fixed a typo in the instructions so it’s possible that was the problem.

docker pull gaffneyc/askmrrobot
docker volume create amr-settings
docker run --rm -ti -v amr-settings:/AskMrRobotClient gaffneyc/askmrrobot

You should be able to enter your credentials at that point. Either exit through the menu or ctrl-c to kill it.

To run the image in the background you’ll need to make sure to attach the settings volume.
docker run --rm -d -v amr-settings:/AskMrRobotClient/ gaffneyc/askmrrobot

Sorry for the late reply, yeah I didn’t even notice the typo. All is good now! thank you for you time to put this together!