Lua Error During Import

Today, with 8.0.1 dropping, while using v59 I’m getting the following Lua Error.

Searching the forums now to see if anyone else is facing this with the pre-patch being released.

Regards,

FelixFTW

Message: Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:16: attempt to index local ‘item2’ (a number value)
Time: Tue Jul 17 22:16:42 2018
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:16: attempt to index local ‘item2’ (a number value)
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:16: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:9>
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:89: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:83>
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:116: in function FindMatchingItem' Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:269: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:193> Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:419: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:416> (tail call): ? [C]: ? [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5> (tail call): ? Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in functionFire’
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\ui\AmrUiTabGroup.lua:140: in function SelectTab' Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:521: in functionRefreshGearTab’
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:17: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\Import.lua:9>
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[string “safecall Dispatcher[4]”]:9: in function <[string “safecall Dispatcher[4]”]:5>
(tail call): ?
Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire’
Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\ui\AmrUiButton.lua:25: in function <Interface\AddOns\AskMrRobot\ui\AmrUiButton.lua:22>

Locals:

Do you think that you could send me your saved variables, and let me know the realm/name of the character you got the error on? Instructions on where to get your saved variables and how to post them (because it can be a large-ish file):

1 Like

Since I also had this error, I’ll send you my own saved variables and hopefully they’ll help:
My Files the character name is Lucìphel-Dalaran.

Hopefully this will get you what you need… This after freshly re-installing the addon. I can also duplicate the problem with zero other running addons.

-FelixFTW

From-
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\SavedVariables\AskMrRobot.lua

Thanks for the info – I have reproduced this error and will have a fix posted soon in the next addon version. Use this thread for more updates or if you still have issues after the update goes out: