On my 4 core SMT x2 system (i7 920) I see AMR.exe only using 12-13% of available compute resources. This seems to suggest that it’s pinning a single HW thread at 100% and not providing work for the rest.
This occurs even when I specify ‘Maximum’ priority or manually specify that it should use 8 threads. I’ve tried restarting but this persists.
Looking at Process Explorer, I see about 18 threads with base address “coreclr.dll!GetCLRRuntimeHost+0x44940” of which one is almost always using >12% of system compute with the others doing nothing. There are 14-16ish other threads with different start addresses, 8 of which seem to share the same start address, and manage to steal a couple million cycles every second.
This is on:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
Core i7 920
24 GiB DDR3
I’ve played around a bit more, and this seems to only occur if I begin a simulation batch with the client set to background background priority then change the priority to something higher. While I don’t see anything obvious that this isn’t supported, the client behaviour seems to stick to one ‘priority’ at least until the current simulation batch is completed (I didn’t test that long) with the converse (changing the priority of a simulation batch started at ‘max’ to background in the middle of a batch) not causing any appreciable decrease in CPU usage while the batch is still being processed.