Best in bags suggests gem swap?

Just optimized for “best in bags”, and the addon told me to replace gems. The mastery gem in my legs should be replaced by a haste gem, and the haste gem in my ring should be replaced by a mastery gem.

This seemed like a weird suggestion. Why would you swap gems?

In step 2 of BiB there is a threshold for Azerite and Gem+Enchant.
I assume you’ve got that set to zero, if you raise it that shouldn’t happen.

As for why it’s saying to swap the gems for a net gain of nothing, well that’s a question for @yellowfive!
It sounds similar to my azerite trait swap.

In step 2 of BiB there is a threshold for Azerite and Gem+Enchant.
I assume you’ve got that set to zero, if you raise it that shouldn’t happen.

My thresholds are default, 0.50% each.

At any rate there’s nothing to be gained by swapping gems, so even at 0% it shouldn’t suggest that.

While the gems may be exactly the same, but in different items, you can override the gems with what you currently have to ‘cheat’ the optimiser; what may be at play is that the the secondary stat’s on the individual pieces carries a higher priority for gemming, to match any algorithmic results, but leaving the nett result the same.

If you press the “help” link next to the big Best in Bags section header, then click Create Support Post, it will generate a snapshot ID for you – copy and paste it in a reply here. With that we can see your exact setup.

We have code to check for net-zero gem changes, but it’s possible that a case is slipping through. It is more complex than you would think.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will create a support post when it happens again.