BiB telling me to equip legion legendaries?

Snapshot: eadb184a803d42d2b97fc7ccf021162c

I’m kind of a hoarder and I never delete anything orange just on principle, it all goes in the bank.

I’ve got a bunch of corrupted gear and Azerite gear and trying to sim every combination would be a nightmare so I imported from the addon, hit BiB and it’s telling me to equip legendary bracers and gloves 200 ilvls below my current ones. I’m pretty clueless when it comes to mathing out stats but that can’t possibly be a dps upgrade.

Okay I just excluded the legendaries from optimization and it seems to be working fine now.

I think it has to do with the fact that I have a belt with infinite stars that it REALLY wants me to equip but unless i took off all my other corrupted gear it puts me over my corruption threshold and the only alternative bracers I had was the old legendaries, I just find it really weird that it would think infinite stars would be such an increase that it would justify equipping something 200 ilvls lower in another slot.

Infinite stars is really strong against single targets (and still quite good in multi-target situations too). I ran your current gear vs. the “weird” BiB solution with the old legendaries (your best non-corrupted alternatives), and it does indeed simulate to about a 3.5% upgrade in single-target situations!

1 Like