Classic Cataclysm

Aye! I am ready to pay!

1 Like

I would much rather have this site for classic than retail, its a lot easier to just slap on the highest ilvl pieces in retail and be good, on top of the other retail addons that help. Classic is where the site’s purpose; serious gear optimization, is really relevant.

4 Likes

I sympathize with all of you. We created the site in cata because we saw a need - we have always felt our site makes the game more fun by taking some of the math burden off of players. Reforging in particular is not that fun to figure out on your own. If there is any way for us to put something out, even if it’s a reforging-specific tool based on stat weights, we will try to do so. We really do value and appreciate all of the people who have used our website and it pains us to disappoint anyone.

We aren’t going to promise something we aren’t confident we can deliver, though. That would be worse!

The number of people using our site who have used it for classic/tbc/wotlk optimization is a small fraction of the total people using the site, just FYI. By far the retail site is our most popular product. That is why we had to create the $10 one-time fee to create those classic versions in the first place - the subs alone for the relatively small number of people using it wouldn’t pay a living wage to develop them.

2 Likes

I’m seriously willing to pay $40-50 one time fee and $5-10 subscription fee just to have AMR for cata… Probably even more.

3 Likes

I don’t think I could cover a $10 sub, but I would definitely pay $5 a month and a $40 one-time fee.

I haven’t canceled yet in large part because the $2 sub is so small, and y’all deserve it so much. I’ll probably let that ride a few months before I give up hope.

2 Likes

Yeah. I am playing this game because I am old and have disposable income. lol

1 Like

No more AMR might be the reason why I left wow again :frowning: extremely sad now :frowning:

3 Likes

I feel the same mate… It’s sad that we won’t enjoy cata.

Kudos to the team tho for all the years of heavy work.

1 Like

It’s honestly a little sad. I hadn’t read the forum before signing up and I purchased a yearly plan just about a month ago, only to find out it doesn’t continue in Cataclysm.
I probably won’t be returning to retail, so that’s not money well spent :frowning:

Anyway, good luck.

1 Like

Man, I’m sad but I do understand and appreciate the heads up and letting us know the reasonings.

Been a fun run with AMR, and I remember I started using this BACK in cataclysm because of how easy it made reforging and everything else.

Thanks for the help throughout the years AMR team.

1 Like

I just paid for a year and now you aren’t supporting classic anymore? rip

1 Like

GG. "We dont have time " while we all had to pay for the service LOL

1 Like

That’s not fair… They did not have to create this service. They didn’t have to provide us anything. They made something for us that we needed and ofcourse they should have some form of compensation for the hard work behind the site and addon. You can not expect people to make everything for free.

Money aint everything. The team are humans after all with a life and other things to do.

1 Like

If you purchased WotLK Classic thinking it would also apply to Cataclysm Classic, or if you purchased a subscription under the assumption that we would be making a Cataclysm Classic version of the site, feel free to contact us via email using the contact form on the main website – we can look at your specific case and issue a partial or full refund where appropriate.

1 Like

Hey guys just wanted to thank you for the hard work. AMR has been a very usefull tool, witch made life a little easier. Very sad to see you wont continue in cata classic.

1 Like

another loss to trash retail.

1 Like

I love my Robot and disappointed in no Cata help but I truly can understand the amount of work that would be needed to do it.

Personally, I’m more disappointed in Blizzard killing the WotLK classic servers.

I agree! Seems odd that they wouldn’t keep the most popular xpac in WoW history available to play, and instead replace it with arguably the least popular xpac ever!

I have used Mr Robot for more years than I can count, I know I would love to have it for Cata, even pay extra for it lol like a development fee it won’t be the same without ask mr robot. Wish there was a way. But guess I’ll be doing old school stat eval or run sims on everything. Will miss you guys

5 Likes

Oof, this is really sad news. I’ve purchased all of the AMR Classic addons and been using AMR on and off since it came out and had a janky but amazing phone web app. Now I’m going to have to really be sweaty instead of pretending. Looking at sims and BiS lists… What is this, math club?

4 Likes