Classic Cataclysm

I made an addon called MiLVL Item Comparison in an effort to not need to use AMR anymore.
I never stopped using AMR, it was a valuable tool, but I figured my addon might be helpful to others now that AMR has no plans to support Cata.
It works when you hover over an item, it adds info to the tooltip about whether or not that item is an upgrade. It’s intended to help with “at-a-glance” decision making when rolling on loot.

1 Like

MiLVL is a awesome addon but I would make some changes to it. Should focus in what gear is already on along with whats been reforged, enchanted and gemmed. It tells me to reforge stats into hit on my DK and im already over hit cap. It a awesome addon though and did help out on my healer for sure

This is the big problem I have with all the other tools. None of them allow me to set a hit cap, they only set a hit weight so it makes it more difficult to tell what is an upgrade.

Being the Canadian turd that I am, it means that I have to roll on items I probably don’t need over other classes, and I feel bad.

This.

@Swol run a kickstarter or something for how much you folks need to make for it to be profitable. I’m not sure how many subs were lost, but I know I’m one of them. (Not because of the decision, but because I don’t play retail.)

Let us know if there’s anything we can do to assist in the process or make the job more feasible.

Still working on getting all the classes correct with changes that came with Cataclysm.
I released an update yesterday that should have corrected Hit and Expertise caps for melee classes.
I really appreciate you checking out the addon, and I am open to any additional feedback that you may have.

It hadnt dawned on me that players may have the desire to set their own caps (though it makes sense they would want to, if the values being used are wrong).
I will be working on adding haste breakpoint information, and I will add this to the list of things to do.
I dont think it would be hard to add some controls to the options page that would allow you some configuration (and visual confirmation of the value) of caps.

That’s fair, I’ve convinced swol to add some features over the years that might not have been necessary - I just know that any other tool I’ve used recently (though I’ll admit I haven’t looked at them in depth) seems to just keep stacking hit well beyond my classes 17% cap and doesn’t account for buffs that might provide hit.

This includes times where an item might be a bigger DPS increase even if it means your hit is at 16.5% (DPS gain with 0.5% hit defecit > another item that puts me at 17%)

I’ll check out your addon (sounds like you’re the developer?) Do you have a discord? I don’t want to spam up AMRs forums with discussions of a third party addon.

I am the developer of the addon and I agree.
I have added a link to a discord in the Addon description on Curse.

It is still a little buggy in some cases, but for my Arms War, I am 1 hit under cap and 6 expertise over cap… It sees them both as correct and does not recommend that reforge to hit or away from expertise.
My balance druid reforges to Spirit (for hit) and this all seems to report correctly as well.
This is based on math I perform to determine the amount of effective hit an item has, when considering the other equipment they are wearing.
I removed /disabled raid buff detection for now, but plan to refine it once again to cover the presence of (with an option to assume) raid buffs in cataclysm. But in cataclysm, raid buffs, as far as I am aware, do not provide +hit (or +spirit), though I could be wrong on that.

Me too. The funny thing is, I began playing in cata, 4.2, and very much looked forward to this. I leveled TBC and WOLK toons to max and let them sit until CATA. I have uninstalled retail and only play CATA.

I do not want to shots at AMR as it has been my go to place since those early days, but, there has got to be some super coder out there that could pound this out. As you say about paying more, if those of us who really want AMR CATA were to do something like a gofundme, we could likely raise the cash to get it dont. But, I know that is not very realistic, but it sounds good, LOL.

I’m sad the users of our site who play cata don’t have a version they can use :frowning:

I will say, though, there are so many changes in TWW… we are burning the midnight oil updating all of our models for these talent changes and implementing hero talents. It would have been physically impossible for us to implement both TWW and classic Cata! There have been days here where I’m worried it’s not physically possible to update just TWW! Sleep is for the weak, right? This game has gotten so ridiculously complex over the years… I could go on and on about it.

Hopefully in September or October we’ll have a minute to breathe and access the classic optimizer track.

2 Likes

Well…it’s mid September. How about ya taking a stab at Cata?

1 Like

any updates? would love to see some work on the classic optimizer :slight_smile:

No updates at this time - I’m still working through the last few upgrades to the retail version of the site. Figuring out a way to support classic releases in an amount of time that makes sense financially is on our short list to hit up next!

2 Likes