Conduit Respec vs Change Path

Before I forget, here’s the snapshot ID:
b9e15951635742c684f900b9841c7f43

This is kind of a complicated question, so I hope I’m phrasing it correctly. My top priority setup is single target DPS for raiding. But I also tank sometimes. However, I don’t want to spend all of my conduit energy switching conduits for tanking. So I have the “Allow Conduit Respec?” box unchecked for my tank setups. So far, so good. Everything makes sense.

I would still be willing to change my conduit PATH for tanking, since that only requires being in a rest area (or a tome/codex or Kyrian steward). But I don’t see how to enable this kind of behavior in AMR. The closest I’ve been able to come is to enable the “Allow Conduit Respec?” option to see what endurance conduit it WOULD use if I enabled that conduit path. That will suggest respec’ing the second endurance conduit in my tree, but I just ignore that suggestion.

Does this all make sense? I know it’s kind of complicated and I’m having a bit of a difficult time articulating it. Please let me know if anything isn’t clear.

Thanks,
Bill (aka Korra)

Yeah that makes sense – e.g. you’d prefer it to choose the path with a second endurance conduit for Pelagos when tanking, which would be a slight upgrade.

We thought about these scenarios when we released the soulbind optimizer… but didn’t want to over-complicate things. I can give it some thought, see if we could add such an option in addition to the current one.

In your particular case though… endurance conduits for your DPS specs don’t really have a rank. It more or less just picks the first one to fill it. So putting in the two endurance conduits suggested for your tank spec is the way to go. That’s another thing on my list to revisit – better handling of “zero value” conduits (most finesse conduits, and most endurance conduits for DPS specs) .