Enhancement Shaman wrong totem [WOTLK]

I followed Mr. Robot suggestion before doing the reading and spent 25 triumph badges on the Totem of Quaking Earth only to find that every dps guide says to get the Totem of Electrifying Wind and basically never use Lava Lash unless there is nothing else to press. I now have a worthless totem that soaked up most of my badges on a new character. I think from the guides it sounds like Totem of Quaking Earth will never be an option for enhancement shaman and should be removed from the recommended. I kind of lost faith in the recommendations from Mr. Robot after this one.

If you post a snapshot we can take a closer look at your specific case, instructions on how to do that here:

edit: you still use lava lash, even though it is a lower priority spell. The totem has a pretty high chance to trigger and the buff duration is long, so uptime on the buff is decent for the totem of quaking earth.

That said, e.g. our best-in-slot says totem of electrifying wind is slightly better, so there must be something specific about your case causing attack power to come out a bit ahead of haste. Either way… the difference is so small that it doesn’t really matter, both are good totems. Do you like haste or attack power better? That’s as valid a reason as any to pick one of those items over the other.