Enhancement Shaman

ddd8d65aec8046d7aa81338c3fe17afe

Spellhance Shaman is heavily researched and used.
Wowhead and many Bis site refer to ‘reign of the dead’ as BIS.
And they recommend 2.60 weapon for off-hand.
Why is there such a difference?
I’m confused which one to believe.

Both normal and heroic same rings are recommended.
But both cannot go at the same weekend and they are unique item.

Thanks.

I’ll take a look at the rings… these older versions of the game sometimes don’t have proper unique constraints in the game data (later versions of WoW use “unique categories” for things like this… early versions like WotLK you kind of have to guess at it as far as I can tell).

In general, favoring a bit more spell power benefits more in AoE situations, and a bit more towards physical stats in single target situations. Our rankings focus mostly on single target right now, so we tend to lean that way. (Though with certain settings combinations a spell power weapon will still come out on top with our optimizer, enhancement can really go either way.)

As for the weapons, it’s not so much that a slow off hand is favored by the community, as weapons with the same speed are favored… it can sometimes help extend flurry when the swings sync. We don’t do an aggressive estimate of swing timer syncing right now… so we might not favor equal-speed weapons as much as other sites. We could tweak that if it is a really popular way to gear though. It can theoretically give some small gains, though it can be a bit fiddly in-game… you might not realize as much of a gain as theoretical models would suggest in a perfect situation.

While spell power has an advantage in AOE, actually it performs quite well in single target, too.
Because of Fire Elemental’s spell power snapshot.
When casting Fire Elemental, I think you need to check if the attack damage increase based on spell power is properly calculated.
I agree with the importance of same speed weapones and swing sync.
However, if I actually fight for about 3 minutes with 1.80 + 2.60, the flurry is maintained at about 95-96% time.
This is why more accurate calculation of whether to use the 1.80 off-hand at the expense of lower Stormstrike and Lava Lash damage is needed.
Thanks.

Our optimizer is factoring in the weapon speed and damage and calculating stormstrike and lava lash damage – when it picks a faster weapon, that means the calculations are simply finding it to be a little stronger.

We can double check though… probably later this week, we have to first get the 10.1.5 site update out the door tomorrow and Wednesday.

There seems to be a massive difference between AMR Wotlk Enhance bis and Wowhead Wotlk Enhance bis.

With full raid buffs, AMR Enhance bis includes physical cloak, rings, MH weapon, both trinkets (DC). Wowhead is a mix. WoWSims heavily favors Spellhance items and the dps difference is significant. Not sure how to gear anymore.

I need you to post a snapshot of how you go that BiS list. Using default settings, I get a spell power main hand weapon and a mix of AP/SP items.

If you need instructions on how to make a snapshot, let me know.