Error on Tool Acxtivation

AMR is currently my only addon after re-installing for Dragonflight. Am on 117, but still get this error when activating the minimap-button of the tool. Any advise?

Message: …obot/AskMrRobot-Serializer/AskMrRobot-Serializer.lua:773: attempt to index field ‘LastTalentConfig’ (a nil value)
Time: Tue Nov 22 08:32:35 2022
Count: 1
Stack: …obot/AskMrRobot-Serializer/AskMrRobot-Serializer.lua:773: attempt to index field ‘LastTalentConfig’ (a nil value)
[string “@Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/AskMrRobot-Serializer/AskMrRobot-Serializer.lua”]:773: in function SerializePlayerData' [string "@Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/Export.lua"]:89: in function ?’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/ui/Ui.lua”]:148: in function <Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/ui/Ui.lua:141>
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?
[string “=[C]”]: ?
[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:9: in function <[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:5>
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?
[string “@Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/Libs/AceGUI-3.0/AceGUI-3.0.lua”]:314: in function Fire' [string "@Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/ui/AmrUiTabGroup.lua"]:139: in function SelectTab’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/ui/Ui.lua”]:363: in function Show' [string "@Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/ui/Ui.lua"]:336: in function Toggle’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/Core.lua”]:26: in function `OnClick’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/AskMrRobot/Libs/LibDBIcon-1.0/LibDBIcon-1.0.lua”]:144: in function <…dOns/AskMrRobot/Libs/LibDBIcon-1.0/LibDBIcon-1.0.lua:142>

Locals:

Try activating each of your specs once, then reload your UI, and see if that resolves the issue.

1 Like

Ahhh,looks like I needed spec to begin with. Was in that “juvenile” state with my Dractyr when you don’t have a spec yet. Now that I moved forward in the story, turned 60 and chose a spec, tool works again.

Guess, the tool should somehow compensate/check for that phase…

Thanks, #C

Ah – I wasn’t aware that there was a “spec-less” phase. Yeah the whole addon/website is built around your specs as an organizing feature.

I’ll put it on the list to go through and try to add safeties for that at some point.

1 Like

Yes, you start 58 as some sort of not-so-newborn and when you play along with the story, you get a) some equipment and b) eventually be 60 and c) are able to choose if you wanna be heal or damage. Guess that when the error went poof w/o me realizing it.

Yeah for what it’s worth you have no spec until about halfway through the dracthyr intro and even then no talents until you talk to the dragon emissary in your capital. Pressing the N key (default) in game won’t even bring up a talent window.

IIRC demon hunters start the same way so you might be able to copy/paste whatever solution you used for them during their intro (if any).

1 Like