Hunter SV rotation talents awkward

Hi, I think the rotation for the SV Hunter, especially the lines used on talents like Mongoose Bite, are a bit awkward. Now most of the top sv’s on warcraftlogs go with moongose, still AMR thinks about it as the wrost option (all speaking about single-target), not like SMC that correctly shows it as the best. Same happens with Tip of the Spear, AMR rotation dont use that both talents optimaly, so it looses a lot of dmg on that simulations.

I want to ask if devs or someone could look at the rotation and check it out, I try to did it myself, but seems complicated and dont have much time. Sorry about my english btw.

1 Like

I took a look at it. The problem wasn’t with Mongoose Bite or Tip of the Spear - both of those abilities were being handled correctly in the rotation. The problem was that I needed to add in a line to use Kill Command as a higher priority to get more uses over the fight. Once I did that everything looks better. I’ll post an update this weekend.

I don’t know why so many people are using Mongoose Bite… it isn’t the highest damage talent even using the SimC rotation. Maybe people just like it more.

I too faced this problems earlier, but now am okay with it! The problem wasn’t with Mongoose Bite or Tip of the Spear - both of those abilities were being handled correctly in the rotation. The problem was that I needed to add in a line to use Kill Command as a higher priority to get more uses over the fight. Once I did that everything looks better. Thanks and Regards,panda helper emu4ios

Hi, thx for all. In my case simc sim and amr sim on talents are completely opposed, so there has to be something about my seccondary stats or something maybe?

Here you got some sims with diferent talents on both plataforms, in fact, simc results are more similar to what I see in the game now, but I prefer to use AMR :frowning:

SimC sim: Raidbots
AMR sim: Not Available

This difference is partly because simc/raidbots uses a “patchwerk” fight - which is just a training dummy.

Also, if you run your test again with the updated rotation:
https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/7909b2f1836a49368cfbf055f7d036ab

You will see that there isn’t much of a difference between the talent specs anymore.

Hi again, after a lot of test on Uldir with my character, I can guarantee that Mongosee Bite and WildFire are the best talents of the last tiers. And still AMR simulator thinks that they are the worst of all. Allmost all top logs on SV Hunter use them to, so it has to be some problem with the rotation. I will stop using AMR for my sv, cause the results are not reliable. I hope you guys solve that so SV’s can use AMR again.

It is not possible to verify which talents are best with in-game testing. They are balanced too closely for you to overcome the randomness of the game. You would have to do the exact same fight hundreds of times with each talent combo you want to test - and do them flawlessly.

Like I posted above, Mongoose Bite simulates just as well as other talent now in AMR. It isn’t way above other talents, but it could certainly be the best talent setup. Here is a simulation using the SimC APL:
https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/57b4f9295be14928a15456bbe1cb269d

As you can see, even using their rotation, Mongoose Bite doesn’t come out as the best talent, but it is just about equal with the other talents. It is very common in WoW that “everyone” will settle on one talent combo and just use it, even when other talent combos are totally viable and/or competitive. This leads to very heavy confirmation bias and skewed log data that furthers the idea that other talent combos aren’t as competitive.