In game mr robot failure to open to get string

This is an error code i got today for amr AskMrRobot\Core.lua:663: in function <AskMrRobot\Core.lua:657>
[C]: ?
I hope this tells you something new… i’m so missing my AMR :=(
wait after further looking at it i got this. 2x AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:1176: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:1176: in function <AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:1037>
AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:954: in function <AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:917>
AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:980: in function handler' AskMrRobot\Core.lua:663: in function <AskMrRobot\Core.lua:657> [C]: ? ...nts\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-7.lua:29: in function <...nts\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:25> ...nts\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-7.lua:64: in functionFire’
…\AngryAssignments\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-4.lua:120: in function <…\AngryAssignments\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Do you have the latest version?

If it works when only AMR is enabled you’ll have to work out which is the other addon creating the problem, which is just a time consuming task of enabling addons and seeing when it stops working. You don’t have to go one at a time though, enable them in groups and once you get the error disable the last ones you enabled and then go one at a time.

I have done that… have turned them all completely off and rebooted… and AMR still doesn’t work… Is there something else I should do to clear everything after disabling them all?

I wish I could help more with this… our addon dev is out of town until Monday unfortunately… A rare vacation!

We will take a look at it first thing next week though.

Thank you… no hurry, we have been working on this for over a month… its so strange its just on this char… of course, the one i use the most…

I thought this post was saying that with only AMR enabled you don’t have any errors?

On the character select screen the AddOns button is in the bottom left:

Then make it look like this:

Post any errors you get with only these addons enabled.

i will disable all addons again with just those but its going to make doing anything else a pita… I hope I didn’t drive Yellowfive to that much needed vacation… i have faith in him that he will find out what my problem is…

July 11, 17:19hrs 2x AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:1176: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:980: in function handler' AskMrRobot\Core.lua:663: in function <AskMrRobot\Core.lua:657> [C]: ? ...nts\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-7.lua:29: in function <...nts\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:25> ...nts\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-7.lua:64: in functionFire’
…\AngryAssignments\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-4.lua:120: in function <…\AngryAssignments\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

This was a bug report from July 11, at 17:31 hrs.. 1x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn ‘AskMrRobot’ tried to call the protected function ‘AmrUiFrame1:Hide()’.
!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:519: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:519>
[C]: in function Hide' FrameXML\UIParent.lua:3367: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:3362> [C]: in functionsecurecall’
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:3405: in function CloseWindows' FrameXML\UIParent.lua:3430: in functionCloseAllWindows’
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:3417: in function `CloseAllWindows_WithExceptions’
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1545: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1108>

That first action I think might just be something failing while in combat – some of the things in the addon can’t be done while you are in combat.

The 2nd error I’d have to look into… it is not immediately obvious to me how that error would happen.

You’ve got Angry Assignments loaded too. It had an update a few days ago.
The ...nts\libs part of the error message looks like it’s Angry Assignments, AMR doesn’t have any folders ending in nts.

Does it create errors with only AMR and the bug addons enabled?
We can’t troubleshoot other addons, I run AMR and AA and get no errors.

Ok today I had time to finally turn off all addons. I turned Mr Robot on along with bugsack and buggrabber. I left clicked on amr icon on my mini map, nothing… i right clicked on it and got the following error even tho angry assignments isn’t loaded: I hope this helps or tells you something useful.

3x AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:1176: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)

Thanks – I can take a look, try adding some extra checks to avoid the issue – not quite sure what causes it yet, so we’ll go for the next best thing and try to avoid it altogether.

Hi there,
hope this thread isnt dead, yet :wink:
I’m having the same issue but with another lua failure.

27x AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:1256: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
AskMrRobot\Gear.lua:1256: in function EquipGearSet' AskMrRobot\Core.lua:29: in functionOnClick’

Its only amr, bug grabber and bug sack active. Out of 20 chars my paladin is the only one, the string window wont open. As soon as I do a left klick to get the string, my keyboard wont response anymore. Only the mouse is working and I have to reload the game.
I would be really happy to get help here.
Thx in advance :slight_smile:

So that would only happen if you right-click the AMR minimap icon (which causes it to cycle through your gear sets). What happens if you left-click the AMR minimap icon?

I dont get the string window and the keyboard wont respond. Only the mouse is working.

That is really strange… what happens if you just type “/amr show” in your chat window?

Nothing. The addon wouldnt open up. But as I said, its just with the paladin.