Item marked as downgrade?

Snapshot: b7a9160c8c7640b69f4eac542535d5d0

I am currently wearing Nightslayer Shoulder Pads with no other Nightslayer pieces so there is no set bonus at the moment.

I am looking to replace it with Deathdealer’s Spaulders, but it shows it as a 0.07% downgrade?

Looking at the stats, Deathdealer’s has higher strength, agility, and stamina, and the same 1% hit. So why is it showing as a downgrade? The only thing I can think of is that I have the +30 attack power enchant currently on the Nightslayer Shoulder Pads and that is being taken into consideration, but if that is the case that seems wrong to me as I would want to compare the base versions of the items since I would be able to enchant the new shoulders as well.

The upgrade finder does not compare to your currently equipped gear, it compares to your BiB gear. Your BiB gear uses Zandalar Madcap’s Mantle, which gives you the set bonus. Replacing that item with Deathdealer’s would be a slight downgrade because of losing the bonus.

If you don’t want to use the BiB gear, you should lock in your preferred set of gear as BiB before doing upgrade finder searches.

1 Like