How do you manage multiple gear sets for one spec? Do you have a good way?
AMR and wow saves sets of different specs just fine.
But I find myself needing a single target raiding spec and an AoE Visions spec
Since AMR does not yet support multiple gear sets for one spec (like DPS single vs aoe or tank raiding vs full defensive mythic vs offensive mythic) this is what I do.
What is a better way to manage this?
- Immediately gave up on in-game equip manager because within 1 spec (dps) it doesn’t seem to let me click “equip” for the other one
- Create 2 Outfitter gearset names. If DPS call them “AoE Visions” and “Single Nyalotha” for example.
- Get AMR set up the way I want on website…
- Click the gearset in Outfitter I want to update (VERY IMPORTANT OR YOUR GEAR WILL BE OVERWRITTEN)
- Import from AMR. If needed click “Update to current gear” HOWEVER this seems to happen automatically
- Change to other Outfitter gearset
- Get AMR set up the way I want on website for other gearset…
- Import from AMR to other gearset
Now I can click the outfitter gearsets back and forth in my DPS spec and they change correctly.
Now I just have to make sure never to import from AMR or change a piece of gear with the wrong Outfitter gearset selected… or that gearset gets overwritten.
So that is my big complaint. Is there a way to stop your sets in game from being automatically overwritten when you change gear? I tend to reimport AMR a lot, like whenever I get a new piece, sometimes more. So it’s a little bothersome that you have to babysit the gearset you are on to make sure it’s not overwritten.
I’d rather just have to go manually update my outfitter gearset with “Update to current gear” It seems like I used to do it this way but maybe some setting changed on my end that I’m not realizing.
Any thoughts, suggestions?