Multiple gear sets

Hi,

I’m a mythic raider and also a M+ dungeoner.

I use the BiB feature for both raiding & M+, and it (quite understandably) recommends me different sets of gear.
However, I can only import one of those sets in the in-game addon, and have to manually create a new gear set and swap.

Would it be possible to have more than the 3 sets imported in the addon ?

e.g. Prot:M+ / Prot:Raid / Ret:M+ / Ret:Raid, etc.

Thanks !

4 Likes

That is one the list of features we are going to add. We just haven’t had the time yet!

2 Likes

Good to hear !

Can’t wait to have this in

Any update on this feature?

We are working on a new version of the site, and this is one of the major design considerations. We’re going to be putting up a new beta site in the coming months that will be running a BfA version of the site, and all these new features will be on the beta site.

4 Likes

Good, very much applaud being able to have “stored” several different gear sets. Rihgt now I am running 3 different sets, but they are all based around 3 different legendaries. As we know, those are going away in BfA so it seems this is someting more needed now that once BfA drops. Please at least consider that specific feature for before BfA.

BfA is going to have it’s own gearing complexities with the special armor, so people will want multiple gear sets most likely going forward as well, especially since different types of fights favor different stat priorities regardless of special effects.

We need to create new UI/UX for supporting multiple gear sets, which we are working on. It’s just not going to happen for the Legion site - we have a development team of 2 people :wink:

2 Likes

Any update on progress or ETA of this feature ? Im maining resto druid and having two different sets (raiding and M+) are screwing with my BiB for secondary and tertiary specs :wink: Multiple sets per spec cant get here fast enough :wink:

It’s on the short list of thing to do : Exporting multiple strategies per spec

1 Like

Any update or ETA on this feature?

This features isn’t a small one, it need work on the website’s UI and for the addons. Currently i dont think AMR have the time to work on it. They probably are working on the BiB, analysing the logs for the current raid, making new boss script. After all of this have stabilised we will probably have a feedback on the blog with an explanation from Zoop

It is still on the short list of things to do – should be soon-ish. We’re taking a little extra time this first week or two of raiding to make sure all of the gear rankings are tightened up. There is another balancing patch tomorrow, so we’ll be running a few updated rankings with that too. Ideally everything will settle down a bit after this week, and we can get back to new feature development.

In the meantime, would it be possible to give access to the website part of the feature, which works, if I understand well, as a beta feature?

1 Like

Would love this as I really need different gearsets and talents for raiding and mythic+.

Looking forward to this eventually :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I’d just like to jump in and echo everyone else here. I would really love to be able to prioritize my BIB by (for my DH) Havoc M+ > Havoc Raid > etc. It wasn’t a huge issue in Legion, but it’s gotten really weird with azerite traits added to the picture. Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

Ok im not saying this is your fault, its completely mine, but had this feature been implemented i wouldn’t have scraped items i needed for my raid tank set as, i was currently setup with my mythic plus tanking set. Again my fault but this feature would’ve saved me. That said, its honestly been a year now that you have known this is a much wanted feature, with needing multiple gear sets for raiding alone(single target and AOE fights) and now we add M+, like i understand patches and stuff are happening but they will continue to happen where it seems if you implement this feature, you will please alot of people and then you can continue to work on tweaking each individual spec each patch. The people getting use out of this addon are your paying subscribers, but honestly there are other sites that will make us do what we have to now for our subspecs for all specs but, its free. So it seems this feature should take some more precedence. Just saying as a loyal paying subscriber, i’m not sure what you guys give that other sites aren’t offering for free. I mean you haven’t even updated on this in almost a month when you’ve stated to hopefully have it implemented in a few weeks(which was said a few weeks after we were told it would be soon after the opening of uldir). Again i love the addon, love what you guys do, but im starting to think this feature isn’t near ready yet, Hasn’t been worked on, or just isn’t coming ever. Just trying to let you guys know your subscribers want this, and eventually those other sites are going to catch up to you and then you’ll lose subscribers because why pay for something you can get for free. Just look at what discord did to the like of team speak and vent, not that they are gone, but they have lost alot of users.

1 Like

We’re still working on it. The addon needs to be updated for it, and addon development takes longer because we don’t do a lot of addon work. I don’t want to give any definite time frame for it, but we do have the website portion working now internally.

This feature will be nice, but, it hasn’t been as high a priority as making sure the gearing strategies are correct. I’d argue that there isn’t anyone else really coming close to doing the sort of gear optimization we are doing. Sure, it’s easier to do simulations now because of some other sites, but no one else is doing actual gear optimization, which is our main focus - and which is the main premium feature of the site. Simulations are free on our site too :wink:

So, if the website part is already working, wouldn’t it be possible to make that available to us and update the addon later? I don’t necessarily need to be able to import all gear sets at once into the addon (or have the addon itself support multiple gear sets for the same spec) for now.

We’re just going to finish it and release the feature fully functional.

I would love a feature like this!