Paladin Tank Templer Single Target (Raid)

Snapshot ID: **dad0d7f0054146219840de8852c85749

When trying to find best in bags, the addon advices me to go from 29% haste down to 15%. I do not understand why because all guides suggest to have atleast 20% haste. Better yet to have 25%. I should move all my gear towards crit.

Am I using this addon wrong?**

Thanks for the snapshot, I will take a look at your case and evaluate it against other potential talent builds, and see if perhaps something needs adjusting for the new season: perhaps a rotation change, etc. Or… maybe it’s fine and haste just isn’t as good this season! I’ll let you know what I find.

I looked into this, and I think what’s happening is that we need to make a few extra adjustments to toughness calculations for season 2. Long story short, physical damage mitigation effects are getting ranked too high (e.g. the parry from crit), which is causing an imbalance in the resulting optimization.

This will take me a day or two to test some new approaches, and I hope to have an update tomorrow sometime. We’ll make an announcement about it because it will impact all tank specs to some degree.

Very much appreciated!

I posted an update with some adjustments for tanks this season. I’ll make a more detailed post later today about that.

For your particular case, you have the strategy slider set to “Mostly Tuf” which is a heavily defense-oriented optimization. After this update you will see such an optimization pushing towards mostly mastery and versatility. Those are the two best toughness stats for a protection paladin.

If you were to do a “Mostly DPS” strategy (which is our default setting), you would get a mostly crit+haste optimization, in roughly equal amounts. We default to mostly DPS because this is typically in line with what most guides suggest for tanking, and there’s usually little harm in doing a more DPS-focused optimization as a tank. You’ll still be plenty tough.

Crit is going to be favored a little more this season as you get more gear because the season 2 set bonuses encourage it.

1 Like