Prioritize Spirit over MP5 for Restoration Druids in TBC

Is there a way to bump the priority of spirit over MP5 for restoration druids? Because of the Tree of Life bonus from spirit, there is greater benefit to raids – especially for tank healing – when restoration druids stack more spirit instead of straight MP5.

Ideally, I could set an explicit Spirit threshold like I can with some other stats.

I could add an option to factor in the tree of life to the calculation. I didn’t put it in initially because it only benefits your own party, not the whole raid. It is very difficult to say if the amount of extra healing you do to your own party is enough to make spirit better than mp5. That is heavily dependent on how much you are spreading your healing around.

I tried putting in a setting to indicate how much of your own healing is done on people in your party - so essentially what amount of your spirit adds to your own personal healing. Even doing 100% of your healing on people in your own party isn’t enough to make spirit a better stat than mp5 for your total healing output.

For the spirit-stacking to matter, other healers also need to benefit from this. So I modified the setting and put in an assumption to that effect to make the calculation meaningful. Play around with it to favor spirit more/less depending on what you think will happen in your group.

(We’ll post it up live sometime later today)

1 Like

I wonder if there’s a misunderstanding regarding the Tree of Life benefit (not necessarily yours). I was told that putting druid healers in a group with tanks will improve healing on those tanks even from healers in other groups. If so, that seems like it should be significant on fights with heavy sustained tank damage. It’s still not clear to me whether this is a correct description of the Tree of Life buff.

Yes, it will also benefit the other healers. That is why I had to apply some sort of factor to the setting to assume other healers are also healing the target. If it was just you, spirit would never be worth stacking. If there are another 2 or 3 healers benefiting, then maybe it could be worthwhile.

Ah, I see – your setting of “% of total healing done to your own 5-man party” refers to the entire raid’s healing, not just yours. This is basically what I want – I should be able to look at raid logs to come up with this number.