Sim Client (Mac) Was working yesterday, but not today

The simulation client is no longer working for me. I am on a Mac and have downloaded an installed all the latest code this morning and cleared any running simulations.

The first time I ran the code I got the following:

$ :arrow_forward: dotnet amr.dll

Ask Mr. Robot client checking for latest version…

Updating to version 1231…

$ :arrow_forward:

It did appear to download the update as a new folder was created. On subsequent runs I get this:
$ :arrow_forward: dotnet amr.dll

Ask Mr. Robot client checking for latest version…
$ :arrow_forward:

There is nothing in the logs directory and no indication of what the problem might be. I was using this yesterday and was able process simulations correctly. Any help would be appreciated.


I just made an announcement – we updated the version of .net core being used by the client last night. Let me know if that resolves your issue.

I have updated all the files like you suggested, but I am still getting the exact same thing. Here are the .net runtimes I have installed. Any other information that would be helpful?

Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.4 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.2.3 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.2.8 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.4 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.2.3 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.2.8 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.1.2 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.0.5 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.4 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.2.3 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.2.8 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.2 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.3 [/usr/local/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]

That should be all that you need… it’s possible that they changed something in .net core 3.1 that I was not aware of. Unfortunately I don’t have a Mac to test on. I’ll give it a try on a different Linux system and see if I get a similar issue.

…yep, same here. It checks for the latest AMR client version (and downloads it if not already done) and then nothing. Updated to the latest .net runtime version previously.

Please help!

I had a friend try this on a Linux machine and gets the same result… so yeah, something about .net core 3.1 vs. 2.2 is working differently or no longer supported. I have a vague idea of what it might be, but it will probably require changing how part of the client works.

I’m going to work on that this week, along with a few other changes to the client program that have been in the works. I’ll make an announcement when a new version is available, might take a few days unfortunately.

Thanks for the update.

…yeah, thanks for the heads up. For the time being, I’ll free my old Windows machine from dust and use it for simming :wink:

I did an update that reverted to the older version of the simulator client – it should work on Mac/Linux for the time being.

I still do plan on doing an update with some feature enhancements end of this week or beginning of next as well.

Just an update. I tried running the client and it downloaded all the files for version1232. The application is still behaving as it was before. I deleted the AskMrRobotClient directory and reinstalled. Upon running the fresh install it asked me for my login credentials and appears to be working at this point. Thank you for your attention on this matter.

Yeah I should have mentioned that – if you had a version that wasn’t working, you should delete it and download the latest version directly.

…yep, that actually worked, thank you both!