Sub Rogue stat weights

I don’t know how well the rogue recommendation are currently correct for Mr. Robot. It seems the stat weights are not correct. It is pushing me to use crit for my sub rogue, but dps sims pretty much are pushing mastery, haste crit. It seems my dps is off about 5k with the robot. Anyone else having these problems

Can you post a snapshot of your case? Use the “get support” link to create a snapshot. I’ll take a look at it.

Keep in mind that we are doing simulations with our own simulator. So, what you are seeing is that our simulator and simc are giving different results. It is hard to know exactly why without digging into the details.

We are suggesting the gear that simulates to max dps in our simulator.

I wasn’t able to look at your exact case since I don’t have your snapshot, but just to be sure I did a full audit of our sub rogue code. As part of this, I went through all of the simc code for sub rogues as well to make sure we weren’t missing anything they had found.

I tried using their rotation exactly, but it doesn’t result in the damage profile that I’m seeing in top logs. I made a rotation for our simulator that actively emulates what players are doing - most notably how often players buff eviscerate with ancient arts to get the shadow clone finisher.

The results in the simulator still clearly show haste as the preferred stat in BiS gear. Crit and Mastery are about equal in value. Talent variations can make those two stats shift around.

The season 2 2pc set reduces the value of mastery, and the 4pc more or less evens that back out. Overall the set will reduce the value of mastery compared to crit.

We will see how things shake out over the season, but I think that haste will become a preferred stat for sub rogues as people get used to the 12.1 changes. Deepening Shadows gives some strong haste scaling to sub rogues. I think maybe some people are thinking about that talent in too binary a manner. They think that getting 1s of additional duration is where it maxes out in value… but our tests show that continuing to get more haste to increase shadow dance windows further has solid value.

I wanted to post an update on this:

Looking into this more, it turns out that our optimization agrees almost exactly with what most top sub rogues are doing with their gear.

It turns out that the Shadowcraft talent is absolutely necessary to get optimal dps and also largely responsible for pushing the ideal stats towards mastery. I tested a lot of talent builds, and I didn’t realize how transformational that talent is right now. All the generic advice out there right now assumes a very specific talent build. Deviating from that will result in less mastery being optimal.

Right now you can’t even come close to optimal damage without that talent, as it has so much synergy with Ancient Arts.