Talents not changing for dual spec set ups

ID c482cd34e22a4c15b53ee7b076ab424f

When trying to optimize best in bags for dual spec paladin the talents aren’t changing from one spec to another when i change spec and request new BiB.

For classic versions of the game we only read the talents that you currently have active when you export your character. WotLK added the dual talent spec concept… but for our purposes it would often be very ambiguous which talents to load where.

Also, we generally do not modify the talents in your setups on the website when you update via the addon after the initial creation of your setup. The reason is that people often make multiple setups for the same spec with different talents – it would then be difficult to determine which one to update. It would also be pretty annoying… most people set up an optimization around a specific talent build, and don’t want it to be changed unless they explicitly say to do so.

That said, the UI was designed more with retail WoW in mind, where changing talents is a lot easier. With Dragonflight it will become a bit more of a pain to set up a talent tree on the website, so we’ll probably look at adding some more convenience functionality that we can bring into WotLK classic too.

I find this answer very unsatisfying.

On WotLK Classic I have a Shaman with dual spec, Restoration and Enhancement. The optimization for these two specs are obviously very different and I believe the talents will play a part.

You claim ambiguity regarding which talents to load where but your solution of only allowing one set of talents per character isn’t, IMO, the right answer. You should allow for at least two sets of talents (I think four is a good number) and let the user decide which one to use.

When the import from addon has a drastically different set of talents (i.e. the tree with the majority of the points is completely different), then you could prompt the user for which saved set to update.

I also have a Death Knight with dual spec, Frost and Blood. In this case, I’d like optimize for either tanking or DPS.

You can create multiple Best in Bags setups with different talents for each one already. So you can save and optimize for multiple different talent builds.

This topic is only with respect to automatically updating the talents on any of your Best in Bags setups when you export from the the game to the website. We don’t do this for the reasons stated above.

That said, we have added some conveniences for Dragonflight that we could probably bring to WotLK. For example, we have a button to automatically sync one of your Best in Bags setup’s talents with the last talents we saw on your character in-game.