TBC Armor Pen - Strange AMR Results

Snapshot #1: 9ba37725bad140c69ff9fe09b7a1164a
Snapshot #2: d6d4da98e07e4165b3639356b1eb972b

Hello!

So, playing around with the debuffs, I noticed a couple of things I would like to point out or understand where the logic for such decisions are coming from.

I noticed that AMR is considering both debuffs, if selected (Sunder & EA). For someone unware, Sunder and EA don’t stack, the better one usually overwrites the other, however AMR is stacking both in its calculation.

So, I used two different settings for Sunwell.

With the current #1 Snapshot, I’m well above the Armor Pen “Cap”, basically not benefiting from any extra.

#1 Snapshot

On the second snapshot, the armor pen I have is still high enough to the point of going past the 6200 mark.

#2 Snapshot

Is it possible to add an option to select how much armor the target has? It would be much easier for those trying to min/max certain fights and also make sure the gear choices don’t go past that threshold unless it’s absolutely impossible not to.

Thank you!

Source for Boss Armor: Boss armor values - Smolderforge Support Community
Source for Raid Debuffs: Burning Crusade Classic Buffs & Debuffs By Class - Guides - Wowhead
Source for EA&Sunder Info: https://silentshadows.net/expose-armor-guide-bc-classic-simonize/

That’s a setting for you, the user, to configure to fit your raid. You know you’ve only got one or the other so check the box you’ve got. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No idea how much effort would be required for @Swol to make them mutually exclusive. I can see people choosing “the better” one while not understanding which one they’re getting in their raid, perhaps a tooltip which pops up when you toggle Expose Armor on with an explanation might alleviate some of the misunderstanding which would follow, at least which I envision would happen.

Well, that doesn’t address the fact AMR is going over Armor Pen cap and losing stats on other pieces of gear, therefore not being the optimal gear choice.

Also, there are people who play more casually and wouldn’t know that Sunder & Expose Armor don’t stack.

If you pick multiple buffs or consumables that do not stack from the list of available buffs, we take the best one. We do similar things for e.g. resistance auras and totems, which don’t stack.

We also do this for consumables – you could turn on every flask – we’ll use logic to take a guess at which one you really meant based on your spec.

We use 7700 armor for bosses right now… we could add an option for that though.

If you pick multiple buffs or consumables that do not stack from the list of available buffs, we take the best one. We do similar things for e.g. resistance auras and totems, which don’t stack.

If this is the case, there shouldn’t be a difference at all if I choose only Expose Armor vs when choose Expose Armor & Sunder Armor. The final result is huge, one set gives me 2282 Armor Pen (without Sunder Armor) and the other gives me 1204 armor pen (with Sunder & Expose).

Is it possible to show how much armor pen you currently have with buffs + gear on the “Char Sheet”?

Thanks!