Upgrade Finder and Add to my Bags

Was trying out the Elemental Storms this weekend and went to the Vendor to spend the Elemental Overflow currency on some new gear but wasn’t sure which piece to purchase. With that in mind, I came to AskMrRobot to check the upgrade finder and didn’t see a section dedicated to that gear, so I attempted to use the Add to my bag to manually check those items, but none of the items are showing up in the search. From what I can see, it looks like everything is [Slot] of Raging Tempests. Vendor is Mythressa, the items can be upgraded from 359 to 385 at the vendor Rethelshi.

If you need additional information, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do to gather it.

We can add an upgrade finder search for these items. I’ll see if I can sneak it into today’s update.

1 Like

We just posted an update that adds a Primal Storms search under “more searches” in the upgrade finder, as well as an option under Best in Slot. (The update was just posted, so it might take a few minutes to show up.)

Awesome, I just tested it and it looks great - thanks for the support this close to the Holiday. Hope you have a great holiday and a happy new year.

Great addition, but just want to point out that in-game the 2pc bonus is 340 of a stat, where on AMR it shows 227. Not massive, but probably worth a check. This applies to both 359 and 385 versions.

We’ll update that bonus in the site update later today. There’s this one type of scaling that Blizzard uses that’s a pain to parse… at least I haven’t quite figured out the rule they use yet.

I’m afraid that the 2-set bonus is not quite working yet. I just tested it and AMR was claiming a 0.29% downgrade when the relevant secondary stats (and the primary stat) all went up. The only thing that went down was avoidance which in this case is irrelevant to dps.
Items set compared: (Havoc DH)

1. Ottuk Hide Sash ilvl 376 (246 Agility + 245 Crit + 207 Mastery) + Life Bound Boots ilvl 386 (270 Agility + 240 Crit + 240 Haste)
  2. Sash of Raging Tempests ilvl 385 (267 Agility + 259 Haste + 218 Mastery) + Waders Of Raging Tempests ilvl 385 (267 Agility + 208 Crit + 270 Haste)

1: Agility 5974, 4174 Crit, 1396 Haste, 1991 Mastery, 1191 Versa, Leech 294, Avoidance 194, Speed 498.
2. Agility 5993, 4237 Crit, 1685 Haste, 2002 Mastery, 1191 Versa, Leech 294, Speed 498

AMR rates (1) as 0.29% better than (2) in dps !?!

Surely it’s a bug and I hope I have given you the smoking gun evidence for it! Thank-you for all your efforts! :))

Post a snapshot and we can take a closer look. Instructions in this thread:

0063fd5b91df4d408a1af44e5918659c

This is shown as an upgrade when in fact it is a downgrade when the Raging Tempests bonus is taken into account. Will always use this new snapshot feature in future as you requested! Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’ll look into it – it works on my local server but not in the live site for some reason, maybe a change didn’t get published.