Upgrade Finder: Same item, higher item level, but lower %

Hi!

I was using the upgrade finder on my hunter (retail) to find a better belt than my “Sunheart Waistband” from TJS (ilvl 408 11/13 - id:144083). Using Mythic+ at Vault 16 to get valor 13/13 items (ilvl 415), I get a few items in the list, including the exact same belt my hunter is wearing with obviously a level of 415, except the results are indicating a downgrade of -0.31%.

Am I missing something or are the calculations way off? How could the exact same item with a higher level be a downgrade?

Thank you for your time!

Same behavior with the wrist slot : Sharpeye Bracers are showing up as a downgrade at a higher item level.

I think I reached a point of diminishing return with my critical strike chances (currently almost 38%) and it’s somehow treating all items with critical strike on it as downgrades. Or at least that’s the only thing reasonable here. Is there really a world where having too much of a secondary stat could lower the overall dps?

We would need to see your specific case to comment, instructions below on how to give us a snapshot:

Here is my Snapshot ID:
6eb8f903ef794c2bb67a8cc89948a468

I’ll take a look… I think it might be something with the option to add sockets to a necklace not transferring over to the rankings in the upgrade finder list.

1 Like

@yellowfive I don’t know if you updated something yet, but without importing anything, the belt from my initial post (id:144083) now displays +0.37% at item level 415 instead of -31% earlier. (vs. my current 408)

Thanks for the post and example, makes it much easier to track down issues – yeah we did an update a couple hours ago that fixes this, it was indeed related to the option to add extra neck sockets. Basically it was getting into a case where the extra sockets were being left empty, causing all the scores to come out low compared to your Best in Bags score.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your prompt fix! :partying_face: