V61 addon error

Currently getting the following error. I have uninstalled the addon, and deleted any saved variables, then reinstalled the addon and even tried with no other addons running

4x C stack overflow
[C]: in function Hide' FrameXML\ItemButtonTemplate.lua:128: in functionSetItemButtonQuality’
FrameXML\TradeFrame.lua:155: in function TradeFrame_UpdateTargetItem' FrameXML\TradeFrame.lua:70: in functionTradeFrame_Update’
FrameXML\TradeFrame.lua:40: in function <FrameXML\TradeFrame.lua:28>
[C]: in function GetItemInfo' AskMrRobot\Constants.lua:229: in functionhandler’
AskMrRobot\Core.lua:610: in function <AskMrRobot\Core.lua:604>
[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:4: in function <[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:4>
[C]: ?
[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:13: in function ?' ...edia-3.0\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in functionFire’

[C]: in function SetHyperlink' AskMrRobot\ui\Ui.lua:387: in function <AskMrRobot\ui\Ui.lua:384> (tail call): ? [C]: ? [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5> (tail call): ? ...aceAskMrRobot\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0-36.lua:314: in functionFire’
AskMrRobot\ui\AmrUiLabel.lua:45: in function <AskMrRobot\ui\AmrUiLabel.lua:44>

Locals:
(*temporary) = {
SetVertexColor = defined =[C]:-1
0 =
Hide = defined =[C]:-1
}
(*temporary) = defined =[C]:-1
(*temporary) = {
SetVertexColor = defined =[C]:-1
0 =
Hide = defined =[C]:-1
}
= defined =[C]:-1
= defined @ElvUI\Modules\skins\blizzard\trade.lua:88

What causes the error – what action were you taking when you got the error? And what in the AMR addon is that preventing from working?

Switching between the spec tabs (not actually changing spec). Not sure it is preventing anything from what I can tell, just throwing the errors around.
However so far it only seems to be doing it on my Death Knight. Not seen any errors at all when on Paladin.
World Server keeps going down so been unable to try any other characters.

OK, I might have an idea of what the issue is there… don’t fully understand it though. Blizzard introduced a new API for getting item information, and it seems like the old API doesn’t behave sometimes… but only sometimes.

For the next round of addon updates when BfA goes live, I’ll probably rip out all the old item API calls and replace them with the new ones, hopefully that will make this particular issue go away.

1 Like

Whatever this is, as with monopedia, it was specific for me to my DK. Even with v59, my DK was throwing errors on AMR just walking around. Since upgrading to v61, it seems to be something about the “Gear” panel of the addon. It flips out either on mousing over “Gear”, or sometime on the Gear tab. With other addons present it causes cascading errors with them as well.

I turned off all but ChocolateBar, Bugsack/Buggrabber, AMR, and Addon Control Panel and came up with three separate error messages as listed below.

I managed to get a BiB import in before it flipped the first time, so after a bit of testing it, I found I was able to do all I needed to do… so long as I stayed away from even mousing over “Gear”.

I was able to BiB all my other characters (one of each class) without issue.

61x C stack overflow
[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:13: in function ?' ...ings\lib\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in functionFire’
AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-4.lua:120: in function <AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>
[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:4: in function <[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:4>
[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:13: in function ?' ...ings\lib\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in functionFire’
AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-4.lua:120: in function <AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

…ings\lib\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function Fire' AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-4.lua:120: in function <AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119> [C]: in functionGetItemInfo’
AskMrRobot\Constants.lua:229: in function handler' AskMrRobot\Core.lua:610: in function <AskMrRobot\Core.lua:604> [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4> [C]: ? [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:13: in function?’
…ings\lib\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function `Fire’

Locals:
nil

4x …bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:51: [string “safecall Dispatcher[5]”]:1: chunk has too many syntax levels
…bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:51: in function <…bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:25>
…bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:55: in function <…bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:54>
…bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:90: in function Fire' ...MrRobot\Libs\LibDataBroker-1.1\LibDataBroker-1.1-4.lua:29: in function <...MrRobot\Libs\LibDataBroker-1.1\LibDataBroker-1.1.lua:22> BugSack\ldb.lua:35: in function <BugSack\ldb.lua:33> [C]: in functionUpdateDisplay’
BugSack\core.lua:61: in function <BugSack\core.lua:46>
[string “safecall Dispatcher[2]”]:4: in function <[string “safecall Dispatcher[2]”]:4>
[string “safecall Dispatcher[2]”]:13: in function ?' ...bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:90: in functionFire’

…bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:90: in function Fire' AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-4.lua:120: in function <AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119> [C]: in functionGetItemInfo’
AskMrRobot\Constants.lua:229: in function handler' AskMrRobot\Core.lua:610: in function <AskMrRobot\Core.lua:604> [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4> [C]: ? [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:13: in function?’
…bot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:90: in function `Fire’

Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = “[string “safecall Dispatcher[5]”]:1: chunk has too many syntax levels”

8x AskMrRobot\Core.lua:608: C stack overflow
AskMrRobot\Core.lua:608: in function <AskMrRobot\Core.lua:604>
[string “safecall Dispatcher[3]”]:13: in function ?' ... [C]: in functionGetItemInfo’
…ings\lib\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function Fire' AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-4.lua:120: in function <AskMrRobot\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119> [C]: in functionresume’
TellMeWhen\TellMeWhen-8.5.0.lua:2610: in function <TellMeWhen\TellMeWhen.lua:2599>

Locals:
nil

I’ll take a look at it… Blizzard added a few new APIs with 8.0, and it must have had an impact on how the older APIs work. I’ll see if I can just replace all the places using the old approach with the new approach.