Wakener's Frond vs. Badge of Ferocity

My retribution paladin owns a level 213 Wakener’s Frond and a level 259 Cosmic Gladiator’s Badge of Ferocity. Both of these trinkets have simple abilities and should be easy to model in a sim. They should also, one would hope, have appropriate power levels for their item level.

Multiple online sources say that the Cosmic Gladiator’s Badge of Ferocity is a strong trinket for this spec. Here are two links:

Neither of the above sources recommend the Wakener’s Frond; it isn’t even mentioned.

However, all this being said, Ask Mr. Robot strongly recommends the level 213 Wakener’s Frond over the level 259 Cosmic Gladiator’s Badge of Ferocity on my character. Is there any explanation for this?

Here is a relevant support snapshot: 7291d76b479c4ed49194a5140aa5ad70

I posted an update that should resolve the issue – with the new PvP season, some of the rankings for the PvP trinkets got pruned out accidentally. (Many of the PvP trinkets from different seasons are identical, so we only implement one of them and then reference it from the others – but the base one from the 1st season got pruned, thus none of them were getting any value.)

Wakener’s Frond has always been a little over budget too, btw, so it will tend to rank a bit higher than you would expect.