Wotlk Enhance shaman help

Snapshot ID: a4c66762eb7f48f4b8b1ba07b59fa770

The proposed gear is a 230 dps loss according to wow sims. The current combination with SP MH and SP neck performs substantially better on all TOCG boss fights in general if I compare logs from previous week where I used a physical MH and neck.

Just wondering why AMR recommends physical MH when 99% of enhance shamans I encounter in game have a SP MH since P3 launch.

In general, our calcs are favoring spell power weapons in the main hand. I had people posting a couple months ago questioning the calculations because we were recommending spell power main hands, ha!

It looks like, in your particular case, with your specific gear, the calculations prefer the non-spell power main hand weapon.

There is a gain to be had by switching to two weapons of the same speed - I think that is largely what you are seeing in this case. If you had a better off-hand available that was fast, you would see the optimizer want the spell power main hand weapon. I included this logic/calculation by popular demand. I cannot speak to how wowsims handles flurry uptime and auto attack sync’ing.

I think you would be able to get significantly better flurry uptime with the setup that our optimizer suggests, assuming you can keep your auto attacks sync’d - which will lead to higher overall dps. If you aren’t seeing that theoretical gain when you try it in-game, then I would suggest locking in the spell power main hand weapon until you get an off hand the optimizer prefers to pair with it.