The Global Network

Try setting your schedule how you want it, then press Enter to bring up the main menu, and choose Exit. That should ensure that it saves your settings to disk. Then start it up again – it should show the settings you had previously set, and you should be good to go.

Every now and again it won’t save settings if the program exits abnormally, so exiting normally once should take care of that.

hm. I set schedule to “1830-0830” and it show “0000-0830, 1830-2400”. It’s OK, I understand why. Then I choose Exit, start app again and it show “0000-2400”

I’ll have to look into it, not sure why it is doing that to you…

1 Like

Would it be possible to enhance the “little widget” to include a count from the last 24 hours in addition to the total count?

I’d also like to see those two numbers on client screen. It would give me a “warm, fuzzy feeling” that everything is working.

Does the client automatically update if you release a new version or do I have to exit and start it again?

The client automatically updates.

Can I change the Global Network mode on the fly without interrupting the job? Say I see it is running a task and want to change the mode from Normal to Max.

Also, if I run my own job, will the currently Global Network job lose it’s processed time when it is interrupted?

You can change modes on the fly – it might take up to 5 minutes for your change to kick in though.

Your current job will not cause any global network work to be lost – it will save any progress it has already made, then stop working and start your personal simulation.

1 Like

Is it normal for the Global Network settings to be lost everytime I exit the client? I need to set the mode and hours each time I started it.

I also wanted to say that I find AMR so useful and the three of you so helpful that I became a Premiere member. Thanks for all the hard work.

A couple people have had that problem of the settings clearing… it’s not supposed to do that, and I haven’t quite figured out why it does yet.

A poor-man’s way to get your settings saved would be to modify the settings.json file in the AskMrRobotClient folder directly… can use that as a workaround until I figure out why it sometimes doesn’t save.

The settings are a series of “key”: “value” pairs, here’s what the global network settings look like:

"GlobalNetworkRunMode": "Custom",
    "GlobalNetworkThreads": 8,
    "GlobalNetworkSchedule": [
    ],

This example would run in Custom mode with 8 threads, and from 0230-0930. (Internally it converts it into a decimal number of hours from midnight.)

7 posts were split to a new topic: Simulation not finishing

When I check widget on account page it shows that no simulations run. I had it on running week or so. Restarted computer last evening but still no simulations run. I use Mac with latest Sierra build and Glonet is set enabled, max mode, always on. Any ideas what’s the problem?

It wasn’t running over this weekend – had to go out of town for a thing. We’re back though, and starting tomorrow it will be running quite often. So leave it on – you’ll see it start to do work this week!

1 Like

I have a server farm at home connected to the net. Couple ESX boxes. How might I get a hold of this? Can I let my guild use my servers to calculate stuff?

Marcus

Right now the global network is only set up to run simulations that we start, which are all the simulations for calculating the gearing strategies on the website. You can download the simulation client here:
https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/client

In there are some options which will hook it up to the global network.

We are thinking about ways to make the global network available to the participating users when we are not running community sims, but we haven’t implemented anything yet. Finding a way to be fair about it is tricky.

If you are a premium user, you can start up and log in with multiple clients on multiple computers. Whenever you run a simulation, it will be sent out to all your actively connected clients. We don’t have a way for a different user to access your clients at this time.

If the user logs in as me and is a premium user from my guild is that okay? I manage a guild subscription and would like to allow my guild members to sim using my array.

Marcus

Further question here. Can I turn this on as a service and have it run during non-peak hours of my business? If so I will run this on my production stuff as well from 5pm to 5am. EST in my ESXi cluster. About 1200 cores.

Marcus

The easiest way to run it as a service is to use nssm: https://nssm.cc/
It’s a very easy way to turn any executable into a service.