Classic WoW Optimizer

I love Ask Mr. Robot saves me alot of time to decide what to wear.
Now with classic out thats pretty much the only thing i want to play so that i really hope that you will start supporting classic as well.
I have more than enough friends/guildies that would probably start to pay for ask Mr Robot as well if you start supporting it.
A lot of us only started with wow again because of classic.
So that support for BFA is more or less not important for us but classic much appreciated.

voting with wallet, cancelled sub till there is classic support.

1 Like

Made an account for a +1 for Classic support

I used many gear optimizer tools back in the day like RAWR and EnhSim, and then finally Ask Mr. Robot. I really would love a tool that would help me figure out if gearing for weapon specialization is better than a Weapon’s DPS, gearing for hit and other caps. Attackpower vs Crit.
I play a hybrid class so Spellpower, Int/Spirit and Spell Crit and Hit is also a gearing consideration.

Canceled my renewal for next year until we get more info on Classic support.

Cancelled my renewal too as im not playing retail either so ill renew once classic is added also

You could even charge me an extra amount per month, I would be happy to pay it.

100% you have an opportunity here to make RL bank, currently no support atm for gearing and optimization whilst leveling.

1 Like

Bump.
I would definitely pay for just Classic support. And as stated in previous comments, definitely a gold mine being as there are no other optimization tools other than theroycrafing bis gear with current none bis.
Even have a little tool that lets you put in Fire Resist strategies or PvP with less hit chance required.
With the hype train of Classic dwindling, the numbers are still massive and with many more end game players I know that are still planning to make the full swap to Classic once the current tier ends. Can’t back the idea of Classic Optimizer enough!

WE NEED CLASSIC SUPPORT!!! could even charge extra for it!!! PLS

+1 for classic support. Came here looking for the same. I am a multi-year AMR customer and will continue to pay when classic support comes around :slight_smile:

Also happy to contribute any data to make it happen!

Cancelled as well. Havent played retail in several months.
Send an email if you guys ever get classic working.

@Swol, you’ve been asking for reasons why and I don’t see many replies so I’ll give it a shot.

Fundamentally, the questions we want answered are the same as in retail:

• Given these items in my bag, what is the best combination of gear to wear?
  • If something drops, how do I check if it’s an upgrade for my specific current combination of gear?
  • What DPS should I ideally be doing in my current set of gear? (i.e. simming)

Now, you mentioned that vanilla itemization is much simpler and you never had difficulty choosing gear, so let me address some of that.

• I think you have a misconception that people really understand stat values, caps, etc. I had a conversation in my guild full of 60s where I was explaining the hit cap, and it was news to many of them. And if I’m being honest, I didn’t know how weapon skill above 300 interacted with it until I specifically looked it up.
  • There are BiS lists for sure, so the meta is ‘solved’ in many ways, but there’s a whole world of gear progression in between that. Maybe that mail item that nobody wants is great for me even though it has +int on it and I’m a warrior, but it would never appear on a BiS/alternate list.
  • Again going back to hit cap for example, it may be entirely possible that the best choice for you at this particular moment is to wear a blue item with +hit instead of your BiS helm (for example), but if you were following a tier list you wouldn’t know that (unless you understood you needed more hit).
  • Perhaps you have no intention of doing raids and want to gear for dungeons only. This will significantly affect gear choices.
  • Spreadsheets exist and are useful for determining the above things - I would wager many of your customers don’t want to touch a spreadsheet.

Ultimately, I think your customers want a simple interface to tell them exactly what to do, with no thought or theorycrafting involved - something you have achieved in retail.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback – I’m still poking at this a bit, getting a feel for how much work it would take. We are going to do an official survey to gauge interest in a classic optimizer pretty soon here, see if there is enough to cover the cost of creating it.

1 Like

would pay for amr clasic also, dont play retail in along time

Also wishing for AMR Classic, and willing to pay. And @turiel pretty much nailed it. Specifically, hit and weapon skill interaction. Also spell hit, this is another area that confuses people.

Also cancelled subscription today and entered refund request for my Sep 12th payment. Until classic is released I have no reason to pay you for a service I don’t benefit from. My money is yours to earn, but currently I dont play retail/BFA so I’ll make another small dent in your revenue. #votewithmywallet

My bill comes due in jan or 2020 but without classic optimizer there is no way im signing back up.

I would even donate extra to get this shit done.

We have created a survey about WoW Classic:

WoW Classic Survey

If you have any interest in WoW Classic (or even if you don’t like WoW Classic) then take the survey and let us know what you think!

3 Likes

I’m down for some wow classic robot. I haven’t logged into retail since classic went live, and honestly don’t intend to after seeing the spoiler vids of the ending.

I would apreciate some kind of upgrade finder to focus my efforts on some particular instances that could give me most return in terms of gear upgrades

1 Like