Classic WoW Optimizer

Hello there! So, I’m guessing there are some people eagerly waiting for this release. Do you reckon you guys could slide an image of how it is looking thus far just to calm our hearts?? :smiley:

Ps. Thank you all for the hard work, I know this isn’t your main source of income, but you guys are working diligently nonetheless <3

1 Like

I don’t really have an image I can share… I’m making the scoring functions work and then yellow has to do a pass on the optimizer to make sure it follows the scoring function. It’ll look just like the live site more or less, just with some different options in the setup.

1 Like

i’m running out of bank space keeping things in anticipation of whats best. :wink:

1 Like

This wait is crushing my soul…

1 Like

Yeah, we knew 8.3 would slow down classic dev a bit. I still think we can get something working in the next couple weeks! Going to be tied up working out the kinks with 8.3 at least until Tuesday though, although I did get a bulk of the priest scoring function done today - making progress!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work, really appreciate it. Wish you the best of luck.

I found the Classic AddOn https://www.askmrrobot.com/addon and just installed it. And it turns out I am a paid member of AMR, go me! I have some comments and questions:

• The link suggests we can install the Classic version of AMR via Twitch, but I can’t find it, even after downloading from the above link and refreshing the Twitch App. Am I missing something?
  • Does the existing AMR Client support both BfA and Classic, or are there two clients?
  • I see people supplying simulations. How do I help and contribute?
  • With the advent of the Fury/Protection Warrior, will AMR support this build? I understand it is very dependent on gear as much as talent choices.
  • Will we be able to export to Classic Pawn or exclusively the AMR AddOn? I use Pawn and Zygor, which uses Pawn import strings, so that would be very useful.
  • Speaking of builds, will AMR support different gear depending on your build? I mean, yes, at the basic level of course AMR will do that; I meant that if you are using a variant build will AMR suggest different gear?

Thank you for all the hard work, for both BfA and Classic. May the Light be with you.

The classic version of the addon is just for testing right now – for people to give us character exports to test the optimizer against as we finish up development. It has to be manually installed right now.

The website doesn’t have anything for classic yet – we’re trying our best to release something before BWL opens up.

We won’t be supporting the simulator for classic – only the gear optimizer. We’re creating mathematical models for ranking gear rather than simulation models. These models will factor in all of your selected talents, and should thus modify recommended gear appropriately.

I haven’t looked at Pawn for classic… once we get the optimizer up and running, we’ll see what other features might make sense.

3 Likes

Sounds good to me. Thank you yellowfive.

I gave you money solely because you are trying to support classic.
Eagerly awaiting the ability to export my classic character to the site!

I expect to have scoring functions for all classes working this week, so then just some testing and fixing of the optimizer and we should be in business!

8 Likes

For paladin rotation you can make option to turn off Consecration. It currently takes a debuff slot for each paladin that uses it, so not many raids want to use it.

literal god.

Cant wait !

Thank You for having patience with us. Your clients impatience is a reflection of your success!

I have manually installed the addon and am will to send export data for your use in helping optimization. If this is not needed, I wait graciously for the addon to be live.

Thank you for your efforts!

So Optimize and Rank Gear - Ask Mr. Robot ain’t going on yet?

Not yet – soon though.

1 Like

Thank you for fast answer!
i can’t wait for it

I’m looking for a little info on Paladin seals/judgments. It isn’t clear to me on the database sites what the actual mana cost is for the different ranks of Judgement.

I see mention in some guides about down-ranking it, but on the database sites I only see one spell for Judgement that says it costs 6% of base mana. When you have a seal up, does it use the spell cost of the seal?

If anyone would be willing to just list for me the actual mana costs of the different ranks of Seal/Judgment of Righteousness and Command, that would be helpful!

My plan right now is that if you have the Seal of Command talent, we rank gear using SoC. If you don’t, we rank gear using SoR. Seal of the Crusader isn’t relevant for gear optimization because you won’t be allowed to use it in raids.

Could you maybe Split the Classic Release in form of Classes that are done ?