Dragonflight Roadmap

We are working on a tool specifically for providing data on the relative value of talents. Getting all the talents fully implemented will take some more time - trying to get it all done as soon as possible. We have gear rankings working for today and will continue to update everything over the next couple weeks. Ideally we get something out for talents before m+ and raids open, but might miss that by a few days.

As you mentioned… soooo many talents. We are chipping away day and night.

Great job. Well done all working so hard on it. Do say when you open the sim again because I am happy to lend my computing power for the glonet to help when the time comes.

Update!

Our first Dragonflight site update went out this morning. We are still working on tweaking the rankings for many specs, and a lot of the new trinket rankings need refinement. We also still need to implement several raid set bonuses.

Talents

We are working on some features to help you choose talents. We hope to have them available before the raid/M+ season starts.

Upgrade Finder

It’s back! We have a new crafted search that should help you rank all the new crafted variants available. We will be adding valor and catalyst searches once we get more data for those – the beta builds didn’t have the required information unfortunately.

Pawn Strings

We should have these working again within the first week of Dragonflight, we know a lot of people like to use them when leveling so it’s top of the list to get it done.

1 Like

We updated the site with some hotfixes, and also have a first version of Pawn strings working again.

The Pawn string feature is kind of a beta of the new approach, so let us know if run into any issues. We’ll be refining it over the next week or so, but wanted to get it out there ASAP since we know people like to use it while leveling.

Of note, these new Pawn strings will be a lot more dynamic – changing your talents, gear, etc. will change them much more than back in Shadowlands where we weren’t able to be as responsive.

Awesome job on DragonFlight. When are proffesion guides coming?

1 Like

We typically don’t write specific profession guides… but we do have a crafted search on the upgrade finder, and gem/enchant optimization options.

If there are some specific things related to professions that you would like to see on the site though, let us know, there’s always a possibility something could be added.

1 Like

I was talking the lvling guids for proffeauins. Such as leatherworking

I don’t think AMR has ever done profession leveling guides.

Your best bet would be either the guides on wowhead, icy-veins or wow-professions.com.

Another Update!

We continue to refine rankings for many of the specs. Blizzard has done a lot of balancing already, so don’t be surprised if things change a little bit over the next couple weeks still.

Addon Update v119

The latest version of the addon re-enables the feature to set your talents when activating one of your setups. This is in preparation for some more interesting talent optimization features coming soon! As always, make sure that you have your talents set correctly before optimizing.

You can turn off this feature of the addon in the addon UI’s Options tab.

Item Ranking Tweaks

We have tweaked the ranking of several trinkets in today’s update. Expect a few more refinements as we get more in-game testing over the coming weeks. And of course let us know if you see anything unusual! We will investigate and correct any issues as quickly as possible.

I’d like to suggest that the global network client be updated to so that it connects to something that does nothing but check for an update once a day, or once a week.

Updated Talent Import/Export

Today’s update had a few changes to talent importing and exporting. Here is a summary of how it works now:

1. When you import from the addon to the website, we do not update the talents on your Best in Bags setups. The website has worked like this for the past 6 years or so, but apparently a lot of people have been forgetting to update their talents! The reason is that you could have multiple setups per spec, and it becomes annoying and ambiguous if we blow away the talents on all your setups each time you import.

2. With yesterday’s update, we now show a message below the “Edit Talents” button if your Best in Bags setup has different talents than the talents you just imported from the game. Hopefully this will help people remember to update them if needed.

3. When you edit your talents, there is a new button “Use Last Imported Talents” that you can press to copy the last talents you imported from the game and use those with your current Best in Bags setup.

4. When you send data back to the addon, we send your chosen talents, but don’t do anything with them by default. If you wish, you can go to the AMR addon Options tab and enable the feature to change talents when activating an AMR setup in-game.

5. The talent swapping feature has been changed – instead of actually changing your talents, when you choose a setup it will create a talent loadout called “AMR Latest Setup”. If you wish, you can then choose this loadout to use whatever talents you had chosen on the website for that setup.

The reason for the behavior change in the addon is that Blizzard’s new Talent APIs don’t work very well. They very often get into weird states that are confusing or buggy. If you manually choose the auto-created loadout though, things are usually fine.

Note that we may need to add some more testing around this… for example, it may fail if you already have too many saved talent loadouts. You can always disable this feature (disabled by default now) if it gives you trouble.

We will revisit the in-game addon behavior as Blizzard’s APIs mature, or when we get time to develop and test more ways to hack around the APIs.

Make sure to keep your talents up to date!

It has become apparent that many users are not actively checking that the talents used for optimization are what they actually plan to use in-game. That’s important! It will significantly impact your optimization results! Hopefully these new features make that a lot more convenient while retaining the flexibility to have multiple setups and optimize with talents that are different than what you happened to have active last time you imported.

How do you handle multiple setup from AMR ?
For example, I have MW raid and MW MM+
But “AMR Latest Setup” would be the last BIB imported to the game or would it create them per AMR setup (aka, “AMR MW Raid” and " AMR MW MM+) a bit like gearset name we had till this day?

When you activate one of your setups in-game, AMR Latest Setup loadout will be modified to have the talents for that setup. It will get updated every time you change setups. We’re trying out that approach for now… there are unfortunately no great ways to handle it as things stand.

I’m open to suggestions based on how things feel as people try it out.

I’m new to this feed, but I’m wondering how long until the simulation will be brought back or if it will at all.

I don’t know if we’ll get back around to the simulator. There is a chance we will if we need to, but so far that seems unlikely with how optimizing is working for dragonflight. We moved to a formula-based method to speed things up, which is going to allow us to create a talent optimizer. So far our calculated models of the specs are looking to be doing a good job as far as picking gear, but we will keep an eye on it as we go into the first couple weeks of raid/m+ here.

When will the Raging Tempest/Elemental Storms gear be added?

I’ll see if we can add these to the lists… but they aren’t super relevant for end-game content since I believe you can only get them at ilvl 359?

You get them at 359 but can convert them to 385 through the invasion currency. But, to be fair, you can only buy at most 1 piece a week So I mean, they really aren’t too relevant after a few weeks.

I’ll take a look, we could maybe add something to the lists for them… Shadowlands had a similar thing with the covenant sets that you could also upgrade and I think we added stuff for them, but hardly anyone actually used them after the first couple weeks.

@Swol
Since I was only using the simulator to pick out which talents and conduits that put out more dps during single target and multi cleave target situations I find your response relieving. I just hope everything goes smoothly for you guys in making the talent optimizer since I feel lost without a tool to use to choose the best ones. I’ve even looked at raid bots and I can sim but I have no way to change my talents via their interface and I’m left with having to change them in actual game and wait for raidbots data to sync to the updated profile of my character and let’s face it that takes a long time, which I don’t want to wait around for. As things are it will take me maybe days to run all the sims I need atm.

1 Like