Optimizer "My Gear"

If it wasn’t Gear Check it was something much like it. Regardless the tutorials are outdated after Dragonflight launched

Yeah the tutorials could be updated, but the site works exactly the same as when the tutorial video/text was written, just with some different options.

And yes, Best in Bags will suggest what gear to use from the gear that you own. If you are asking an optimizer to figure out the best gems and enchants… there’s really no reason that you wouldn’t also ask it to figure out the best gear too! Stats are just stats whether you get them from a piece of gear or an enchant.

As noted above, you can lock in all of your gear to force it to never change anything. After optimizing, click on the item name in the result for any slot. A list pops up with every item that you own for that slot. Choose the item you want it to use, then you’ll see an orange “lock” next to it in the result table.

Do this for all of your items if you wish. Then press Re-Optimize at the bottom of the table.

I think you’re missing what I’m asking for. I’m not asking WHAT to use, I’m asking HOW to use it. The issue of using suggested gear or not is irrelevant.
this is the issue. Best in Bags IS NOT showing my current gear. When I click on the suggested gear my current gear is not on the list that pops up and when I type in the name of the gear the list is blank except for the message “No items match your filters. Don’t forget to check your min/max ilvl filters.” even when I set the ilvl filters.
So the question that I have been asking is “How do I get it to show my current gear and the suggested gem/enchants based on my current stats?” I follow the tutorial and still get nothing

You need to use our in-game addon to export your gear to the website. Are you using the addon?

Yes, I’m using the addon. How else would I be able to pull my character up.
That was a rather stupid question to ask

We need to see what you are seeing - sorry no one quite understands what your question is. Please post a snapshot. If you could then also tell us what gear you think is missing, that would help.

Directions on posting a snapshot:

This is what I get when I pull up Best In Bags on my toon (yes, I uploaded my toon with the addon). Nether the gear on the left or right is my current gear. When I click on the gear on the right (I can’t click on the gear on the left) the list that comes up does not have my current gear on it. When I type in the name of the gear all I get is the message “No items match your filters. Don’t forget to check your min/max ilvl filters.”, this is even with setting the ilvl filters.
My question is how do I get it to list my current gear and show me the recommended gem/enchant I need?

I still don’t know what gear is missing. The gear on the left is the gear the addon last saw equipped in-game. If that is not what you have equipped in-game, I need to know what is equipped in-game.

Posting a snapshot will be the most helpful to aid you in this. I can’t do much with a screenshot.

Ok, now you finale answered my question. To get the current gear I need to copy and paste the code from the addon for up to date info on the AMR site. Before dragonflight it would update automatically. Now it has to be done every time, when new gear is equipped, with the addon code.
I’m surprised you guys missed something so simple and couldn’t understand my asking “How do I see my current gear?”

I can only laugh and feel for the staff here. If three people can’t figure out what you’re struggling with, it’s probably your questions that are lacking something. Shouldn’t be an asshole for that. Gear importing has never been automatic, by the way. The Armory import feature, which hasn’t been a thing for a while, was the closest to that and that wasn’t automatic either. It certainly didn’t import gear from bags.

Swol nice of you to give comments but your’e actually avoiding the real question. Where did GEARCHECK go. It is needed to balance the gear we have NOW and not to see what gear we actually need to get as in Best in Slot. Gearcheck was the BEST tool you had in your system for us players to balance our gear. Will it come back or not?

1 Like

Best in Bags uses what you have to balance your gear. It’s Gear Check, but better.

I’m not sure what could be wrong with my question “How do I check my current gear?”. True, I did make the mistake of Best In Slot vs Best In Bags but the question still remained. Getting frustrated with that question being missed is not being an asshole, it’s just being frustrated. Especially when an important rule in communication was not being used: when you don’t understand what someone is saying, in this case asking, you ask a question to clarify. Instead what was given was information that avoided clarification.
As for toon info once being automatic, or not being. Before Dragonflight if I’m not mistaken, there was the option to select your toon name and realm to bring up your current info. Sometimes you would have to enter this info again to update the info but it was still a lot easier. Now you have to download the addon then pull up a code in game then load that code onto the site. This along with the Gear Check option, which also told you what stat you needed to focus more of focus less on was also very helpful and a lot more simple. Now I’m not saying that the change was bad or wrong but some updated info to better explain the changes and new way would have been nice

Question could have been: “Hey, I imported my character but it’s not showing the new gear I just got. What gives?”
You never really made it clear that NEW gear wasn’t showing, you just said what was shown wasn’t what you had. A bit confusing.

And I think what you were seeing as automatic was just cached character info. Once imported, you could click a character (or more!) from that list to load last imported data. That still works.

If you were only using the Armory/battle.net API pre-Dragonflight, I could see the confusion.

We stopped supporting the Armory because it lacks necessary information to do proper optimizations. They made changes recently that were pretty annoying… made it hard to get even basic info about your character, and it has never had your bags/inventory which is necessary for most of the cooler features of the site.

I wish the Armory could do what the addon can do… but Blizzard seems to have little motivation to improve it. The Armory also had a bad habit of going down or breaking right when people tend to use the site the most (around patches and expansions).

Once you get used to the addon it is very convenient and fast. I almost never manually equip gear anymore. Even if I’m just leveling and get an item or two, I export to the website, optimize, send to addon, and press the button to let it equip my new set of gear for me. A lot of people use our site and don’t take advantage of the “send to addon” capability which is one of my favorite features.

My apologies that I failed to meet your expectations on how to communicate. Common sense told me that there was not much difference between the meaning of the words “new” and “current”, which refer to the same thing. Which under normal circumstances would suggest that I uploaded my toon info.
As for my comment on the old toon info loading system. When you have a toon in que, as you stated, the changes in gear were most of the time automatically updated.

In the future I’ll make a point of check with you on how to get my point across to make sure that I use the right words according to your standards just to make sure that you can understand.

I agree, gear check was an awesome feature that I’m sure many will miss just as much as I, and you as it seems, do. Sadly from what yellowfive posted I doubt we will get that option back and can only hope for something similar or better in the hopefully near future.
Though what happened to the Gear Check option is a good and valid question, which yellowfive seemed to answer, the real question was “How do I, or we, roll with the changes and use the new system?”

If you do still have any questions about how to use Best in Bags to accomplish the same thing you were doing before, let us know. I think you’ll find it to be more convenient and a lot more useful than Gear Check was once you explore its capabilities.

Yes, please do. This will help next time because despite the number of words you’re putting into every post, you still can’t seem to ask your question properly. Thus resulting in this entire thread of assholeness (oops, frustration) and passive aggressiveness for you to figure out you needed to import your character again. My apologies. lmao

It’s copy and paste. It’s a very simple system.

Obviously you don’t understand sarcasm. Before accusing someone of being an asshole because they don’t meet your standards you should take a hard look at yourself first and learn the true meaning of “passive aggression” before you misuse this term again.
Also, before you decide to to pick a fight with someone (a.k.a. trolling) someone because they don’t live up to your standards you might want to seek professional help before you allow your ego to speak for you offline. Things are different and dangerous in real life when you don’t have a computer to hide behind.
So, unless you are an admin or moderator you have nothing else to say to me.